'84 Ignition Module connections

Lockman

OH, OK .......Now I get it
Need a little help here. I 'm starting to put together a couple of OEM coil packs & Ignition modules that I have purchased from other members here. They are for back-up .... On the shelf. AnyHoo...... They only thing I have found here to follow is this Tech Bulliten. My question is:
Are not the '84-'85 & '86 & up CCCI systems different ? I believe that they are , so the spade terminal connections would be different also ?

As is typical.....I am a bit confused :unsure:
Thanks,
....Richie

Attachments

• CCCI - Tech Bulliten.pdf
    600.5 KB · Views: 109
I've used the 86/87 coils on the 84/85 modules with no problems. The issue lies in using the 86/87 CCCI Modules. If you use the 86/87 Module you'll need the Caspers CCCI Adapter (wiring) & Coil Base Adapter Plate. I would try to match the Coil & Modules to the year. The problem is finding the 84/85 CCCI Modules, GM Part Number 25516914. I switch over to the 86/87 ECM, Coil & Module with Eric's Turbotweak Chip last fall. 100% improvement in performance & the 86/87 parts are available. Not sure why I waited 37 years to do it. Here is some info.....

Attachments

• Ignition wiring conversion.pdf
    175.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Ignition Module & Coil Pack Wiring.JPG
    Ignition Module & Coil Pack Wiring.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 98
  • ccci.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 85
  • ccci_retrofit.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 94
  • CCCI_resistance_wire_mod_1985.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 89
Thanks for this.
I do have a different part # ; 25515358, For my 1984 Ignition Modules ?
I have 3 ) of them with this part # ?

Yes Sir , that's what I thought.
Ya Know...... We must have discovered later on, how critical this CCCI system is , 'Cuz there is very scant Factory info on this, particularly the Parts & #'s ?
Thanks again for your help & support on this. I think I'm about to do the same, as I've got Eric's TT chip already ,
....Richie