Fabricated front airdamn (pics)

Those are some really nice air dams....I would definatly buy a set if your started making and selling them. For the record if you where to make a set, How much would you charge?

Those are some really nice air dams....I would definatly buy a set if your started making and selling them. For the record if you where to make a set, How much would you charge?

No solicitation!!!

Sorry for yelling guys but if you want to ask if someone wants to make something in this section PM them. That's the rules!:mad:

Time for a much needed update! After getting side tracked a bunch of times for a bunch of different reasons, I finally bolted my air dams back on for good! The car is still up in the air and dirty from re-assembly but I snapped some quick pics of the front end. I originally had a body shop spray the air dams "flat black" but it came out bad so I re-sprayed them at home with SEM "trim black" from a spray can. Might sound ghetto but that stuff lays out really nice and looks perfect! I also freshened my headlight bezels and grille with the trim black so it all blends well together.

Attachments

• kids 003.jpg
    kids 003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 926
  • kids 008.jpg
    kids 008.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 870
  • kids 002.jpg
    kids 002.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 900
  • kids 007.jpg
    kids 007.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 880
Great work, for not going to school, your welds look GREAT. Good luck with your project !

Sorry for the confusion, I DID go to school for welding. I am doing pretty much everything in my home garage but I am a welder by trade.

that is some nice work. Maybe you could put some mesh over them. i did on mine and it looks killer. I have some left over if you want it just cover shipping.

awesome welds.

D

that is some nice work. Maybe you could put some mesh over them. i did on mine and it looks killer. I have some left over if you want it just cover shipping.

awesome welds.

D

That's nice of you to offer but I think I'm just going to enjoy them the way they are rite now. Im anxious to finish some other small things up and get this thing back driving!!

Just found this thread, I have had the same project on my "to do" list for 10 years now, did you narrow the front bumper too ?
I am putting my virgin car under the knife as it just got rearended last week, everyone elses project just got shelved until I need cash flow.

Those turned out great ! Thanks for proving the concept.

Just found this thread, I have had the same project on my "to do" list for 10 years now, did you narrow the front bumper too ?
I am putting my virgin car under the knife as it just got rearended last week, everyone elses project just got shelved until I need cash flow.

Those turned out great ! Thanks for proving the concept.
Thanks. No I didn't narrow the bumper, just smoothed it out.

Did you put any supports in the air damns (in case of curb/speed bump miss hap). Looks good by the way.

Did you put any supports in the air damns (in case of curb/speed bump miss hap). Looks good by the way.
Nope, no supports or anything like that. If I hit a curb or something I will be fixing them. ..I figure theres lucky people out there who own new Viper ACR's with carbon fiber splitters sticking out in the front and they manage.

I have a "Kenne Bell one piece fiberglass dam" on mine, and yes you just have to manage and be a little extra careful.