F$%$ (Turbosaver oil lines)

I know there are different brands of pushlock hose and fittings. The barbs must be used with the correct hose or you will never get it on. Or worse, it wont grip the barb tight enough. If you blow one of the lines, bearing damage is almost guaranteed so make sure you have the right stuff.

To get the fittings off you need a bigger wrench and a vice.
I went to a tipco dealer who assured me I had exactly the right hose for the application and it still leaked. There must be somthing wrong with the barbs. That's why I'm trying to switch to AN fittings. No more worries. If I can just get these NPT's off without damaging the aluminum housings.:mad:

As stated above, Parker pushlok hose. I would just replace with appropriate size AN though. Fittings are expensive but are easier to deal with than what you have now. If you haven't made AN lines before, be aware....once you learn you'll want everything in braided stainless :p
this is exactly what I'm doing. Read my previous post. My issue is not with the stupid hoses that leak. I'm trying to get the pushlok fittings off so I can install my AN adapter.

If the hoses were cut off with a Stanley knife across the barbs, they will leak. I learned that the hard way.

If the hoses were cut off with a Stanley knife across the barbs, they will leak. I learned that the hard way.
I think that may be the issue. There are some small knicks on the barbs but the tipco man said they would be fine. They were fine for about a week. Done with it! I took the housings to a local speedshop and they used a bigger vice, bigger wrench, and stronger dude and were able to get the push lock fittings out! Just gotta clean the housings up and install my AN adapters. Hoping the rain holds off.

I've used hundreds of push lock style fittings over the years. They never leak. Almost every time I'm replacing lines due to chafing. When I replace the lines I replace the fittings also. As mentioned if you score the fitting with a utility knife it will leak. Converting to braided line is doable but don't mix up the lines! Firings are cheap and I use transmission assembly grease on the barb and push the hose onto the barb in one shot by pushing into a solid surface. A concrete wall is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used hundreds of push lock style fittings over the years. They never leak. Almost every time I'm replacing lines due to chafing. When I replace the lines I replace the fittings also. As mentioned if you score the fitting with a utility knife it will leak. Converting to braided line is doable but don't mix up the lines! Firings are cheap and I use transmission assembly grease on the barb and push the hose onto the barb in one shot by pushing into a solid surface. A concrete wall is perfect.

Yes I think my fittings leaked because of my dumb ass gouging them.

Either way after a ton of cursing I got the AN fittings and hoses installed. One other thing to stress out about before you do this for yourself is to be sure the AN fittings don't take up too much space between each other. Take a look at this:
image.jpeg

I could BARELY fit a wrench on these guys because there's only a sliver of space in between them. If I had to do this again (godamn never again please!) I'd install the lines to the oil boss while on my bench. Then connect them to the filter adapter behind the headlight after screwing the oil boss to the oil pump. Also for anyone worried about mixing up the lines: it goes OUT to IN. So from the oil boss fitting labeled OUT to the filter adapter labeled IN. Then the other line is the inverse of that. No problems!

Too rainy to take the car for a test drive but warming up in my driveway I had no leaks! I also have developed a fever possibly from this shit weather :( Hoping that goes away so I can enjoy the car and get down to RC's!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
Be careful with that tape. It will cause a lot of damage if it circulates in the engine

Be careful with that tape. It will cause a lot of damage if it circulates in the engine

I followed instructions online to lightly coat with Teflon paste then starting after the first thread wrapped one layer all around clockwise. I also wanted to be sure no debris was in the hoses after I cut to size and assembled them with fittings; so I ran some water through them and then let them dry overnight. I also ran some cheap break in oil for about 10 minutes and then drained and replaced along with a new filter. Fingers crossed for now. This is only my second or third time assembling AN hoses with NPT adapters.