F-Body Radiator upgrade

RED LS1

Hi, guys.

I know this topic has been discussed in detail. I am going to buy one for my car but a few things are unclear. The old posts say they are a 1 core but the ones on Rock auto are labeled 2 core. Just wanna make sure that today, in June of 2022, this thing still has the same fitment as prior.

I'd also be curious to know if there are any part numbers for it as there's more than one on rock Auto from different manufacturers.

-Justin

FWIW I use a Spectra CU 162 Its not a Fbody but G body with the inlet and outlet the same placed size as OE
Thanks. I will keep that in mind. Do you have the oil cooler running through it and external trans cooler?

Just buy the Radiator out of the 1987 buick regal with the 307.all oem as to inlets and out lets are in the same place

I have one in both my 86's. Drop in ready. no bending trans lines,drain hole is accessible.

Just buy the Radiator out of the 1987 buick regal with the 307.all oem as to inlets and out lets are in the same place
I believe that is the 162 , it fit perfectly. Yes I run the trans oil through a big B&M cooler then radiator.
I ditched the engine cooler years ago.
I have no idea how rock auto gets there stuff from , but the Spectra has 1 1/4 single row tub and is a very good quality part. It came from Auto Zone

I believe that is the 162 , it fit perfectly. Yes I run the trans oil through a big B&M cooler then radiator.
I ditched the engine cooler years ago.
I have no idea how rock auto gets there stuff from , but the Spectra has 1 1/4 single row tub and is a very good quality part. It came from Auto Zone
I did the same an then took off my rearview mirror as well......cause I ain't looking back.

I bought an F-body radiator earlier this year and I'm fairly certain it was same as the first one shown on this Rock Auto screen (OSC 571) https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,1987,regal,3.8l+231cid+v6+turbocharged,1020957,cooling+system,radiator,217
although I purchased it from my local Advanced Auto instead. I can double check the part number when I get home if you want.

It has 1 row - 1" wide cooling tubes.
I stand corrected. It was not the OSC 571 radiator I bought. Wrong dimensions...

I have one in both my 86's. Drop in ready. no bending trans lines,drain hole is accessible.

Rock Auto options for V8 Regal seem to show the trans cooler lines in the front and no oil cooler. I'm okay with making that work but you're saying yours do not need any modification.

FWIW I use a Spectra CU 162 Its not a Fbody but G body with the inlet and outlet the same placed size as OE

I see the 162 G-body options. None are Spectra but I understand the 162 is correct for the car now. Thanks

No it’s a cool feature for big trucks pulling trailers
I have not taken a pole but I believe you will find 50 % have been removed.

Spectra I feel is the best quality plastic tank radiator.
My son runs a fleet of 60 Dodge vans and over the 10 years he won’t replace radiator or heater core with nothing but OE or Spectra.

Like these guys are saying, no need to bother with an F body unit. Just get one for a G body. They're all cheap enough and the G-body units keep your hoses in the right spot.

I have a kit I took off a very low mile TTA. Let me know if youre interested