Extreme automatics

I have to say from personal experience it's a nightmare working with him. It took 3 mos. after numerous emails and phone calls many of the times I was told it's been shipped or is "on it's way". It's constant run around instead of a straight answer. Have emails still to prove it over that time period, even was given a bogus tracking # which Paige had to later correct. Said he would make good on the trouble and F up's he made but never did. So now to the good part I got it installed 2 wks ago and already have major problems. Not a satisfied customer at all.
got the trans 2day.was supposed to be here tuesday but close enough. gonna install it 2morrow.

I have to say from personal experience it's a nightmare working with him. It took 3 mos. after numerous emails and phone calls many of the times I was told it's been shipped or is "on it's way". It's constant run around instead of a straight answer. Have emails still to prove it over that time period, even was given a bogus tracking # which Paige had to later correct. Said he would make good on the trouble and F up's he made but never did. So now to the good part I got it installed 2 wks ago and already have major problems. Not a satisfied customer at all.

Lonnie makes right on every single trans that goes through his hands. If there is a problem, get ahold of him. Email usually works best. He's building these transmissions for many many customers and may not have the time to take every single call personally. If there is a problem, it will get taken care of, period. He's one of the most trust worthy vendors on this board.

jdpolzin said:
Lonnie makes right on every single trans that goes through his hands. If there is a problem, get ahold of him. Email usually works best. He's building these transmissions for many many customers and may not have the time to take every single call personally. If there is a problem, it will get taken care of, period. He's one of the most trust worthy vendors on this board.

Agreed

Lonnie is, as usual, overloaded with the demand. If he's not answering the phone it's because he doen't have time to catch his breath.
He adheres to the old adage, " A good name is better to be had than much gold." Therefore the demand would not be so high if he were not a man of a good reputation, as you can see by our support. He will make it right.

He isn't the fastest place to go but why is that ? He is a one man show ! He does everything and has always had a ton of work why is that because he is the best! Why get on here and burn him down before he has had the chance to make right what ever seems to be the issue ! Btw you never said what the issue was ? You got my curiosity up now many things can go wrong with a trans install such as proper tv cable adjustment! If not done correctly can ruin the best trans . Just my 2 cents and my opinion

I'll add to this...

Lonnie and I went back and forth a bunch during my tranny build. What originally was supposed to take 2-3 weeks ended up taking about 6 weeks+. However, perfection takes time and once I got the trans and broke it in, I was, without a doubt, amazed at the feel of the shifts. And looking back on it, I would have waited another 4 weeks knowing it was going to be this good. Looked so good that I took pictures. ;-)

I was in the same shoes wondering if I had made a mistake sending hard earned money to a guy halfway across the country and promised delivery time came and went several times. But, since the trans went in, I have peace of mind knowing that it was done right even if it took a little longer to be done.

I want one of his Stage II transmissions pretty bad but I need to get the $$ first. I was hoping to purchase it during the winter while the car is in storage but so far that's not going to happen. :(

For those who bought one what did shipping cost??

ks

Thank You. I live in Nebraska so that should be pretty close for me also.

ks

$150 Ohio to NY. IIRC 150 is the price to everywhere (lower 48) on the website...

Another option some might consider is to deliver it yourself. That's what I did.
It was only a seven hour + drive for me. I worked it into a trip that took me to Richard Clarks' open house last spring........Dropped it off in & then picked it up. It was a great way to meet Lonnie in person too. :)

I want one of his Stage II transmissions pretty bad but I need to get the $$ first. I was hoping to purchase it during the winter while the car is in storage but so far that's not going to happen. :(

For those who bought one what did shipping cost??

ks
When I contacted Lonnie about my stage 2 we disgusted payment and he said he can usually be pretty flexible with payment. Luckily I had it all paid except for shipping...I'm not even sure I paid the shipping before I got it...I might have paid it like a week after?

When I contacted Lonnie about my stage 2 we disgusted payment and he said he can usually be pretty flexible with payment. Luckily I had it all paid except for shipping...I'm not even sure I paid the shipping before I got it...I might have paid it like a week after?

Disgusted???;)

What about the core charge? I could ask him about it but I'm sure he has enough orders to fill instead of answering my stupid questions.
The Stage II is approx. $1800 but there is an additinal $450 core charge. Did you guys ship him a core or did you pay the approx. $2200 for the new trans w/o a core?

ks

Paid the core charge on mine vs shipping him a core back... Don't remember what my core chare was tho.

I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER TRAN'S FROM ANYONE OTHER THEN LONNIE .. THE MAN IS AMAZING , AND A HONEST MAN .. HE USED MY CORE , INSTALLED IT ,DROVE IT ,THEN BROUGHT IT BACK TO ME ON A TRAILER . IT HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE TQ . SO HE CAME AND GOT IT AGAIN . FIXED IT , DROVE IT , THEN BROUGHT IT BACK ON THE TRAILER AGAIN.. AND IT WASNT EVEN HIS PROBLEM . IF YOUR MAKING ANY KIND OF POWER DONT USE A LOCKUP TQ . I LEARNED THE HARD WAY .. MELTED THE LOCKUP MEDIA IN A PTC 2800 LIKE IT WAS NOTHING .. ONCE AGAIN THANKS LONNIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY THE WAY. LONNIE DROVE OVER 12 HOURS ON THREE TRIPS TO MAKE MY CAR RIGHT .. AND IT WASNT HIS PROBLEM .. HE IS GETTING A CHRISTMAS CARD FROM ME ..