External wastegate boost spike....help!!

Brad_H

I just installed a 44mm external wastegate and but the softest spring in it and it is spiking really bad on every gear....can't get full throttle without pegging the 30 psi boost gauge.....I tried a couple different springs but same results and I tried it with and without the rjc manual boost controller....the turbo is a ta33 with the wastegate arm wired shut .....please help

I just installed a 44mm external wastegate and but the softest spring in it and it is spiking really bad on every gear....can't get full throttle without pegging the 30 psi boost gauge.....I tried a couple different springs but same results and I tried it with and without the rjc manual boost controller....the turbo is a ta33 with the wastegate arm wired shut .....please help

If you have the wastegate wired shut no wounder you are having issues . Do you understand how boost is controlled ? If the bypass of the turbo is wired shut all the exsaust must go through the turbine . Here is a short video of how boost is controlled

Post Pics of how the wastegate hoses are plumbed

It's actually my syclone engine but here's a pic

Attachments

• IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
If you have the wastegate wired shut no wounder you are having issues . Do you understand how boost is controlled ? If the bypass of the turbo is wired shut all the exsaust must go through the turbine . Here is a short video of how boost is controlled

I'm learning........so if the external wastegate is in the downpipe it should be wired open? I can only find post saying welding or wiring the stock wastegate puck shut when you add an external wastegate

Pic is hard to see the details.
Is the WG inlet plumbed in the down pipe?

My bad guys.... I forgot I was dealing with a totally different style turbo. I got it fig.