Make over time

Sent it out on Saturday for wet sanding. Hopefully I will get it back in a weeks time. The guy that is doing it is well sought after. Very meticulous and thorough. Said he will be putting about 55 to 60 hours on it. I have admired his work on numerous show cars I have seen, now I get to experience this first hand.

IMG_20220413_141923908.jpg

Sent it out on Saturday for wet sanding. Hopefully I will get it back in a weeks time. The guy that is doing it is well sought after. Very meticulous and thorough. Said he will be putting about 55 to 60 hours on it. I have admired his work on numerous show cars I have seen, now I get to experience this first hand.

View attachment 355408

I don't know, looks pretty darn good right now. Will you go with an original steering column or keeping the airbag jobber? :LOL:

Is that you're youngest son in back that's been helping you? :LOL::LOL:

View attachment 355408
That think looks terrible!

I don't know, looks pretty darn good right now. Will you go with an original steering column or keeping the airbag jobber? :LOL:

Is that you're youngest son in back that's been helping you? :LOL::LOL:

It does look really good I'm not gonna lie, I spent a hour driving behind the flatbed on the way there and it looks fantastic. But there is orange peel in certain area's as the bodyshop laid the clear on thick just for this reason. Rest assured it will look like a sheet of glass when this guy is done. I am shocked I got in as quick as I did with this guy because he has wet sanded and polished cars for Chip Foose when he came into town.
The steering wheel was redone in Landau black and sat to cure for a couple months before bringing it to the bodyshop, So I wrapped a blanket around it and taped it up with painters tape so nobody that got this car would ruin what's underneath it. Looks stupid as hell, but extremely effective.

It does look really good I'm not gonna lie, I spent a hour driving behind the flatbed on the way there and it looks fantastic. But there is orange peel in certain area's as the bodyshop laid the clear on thick just for this reason. Rest assured it will look like a sheet of glass when this guy is done. I am shocked I got in as quick as I did with this guy because he has wet sanded and polished cars for Chip Foose when he came into town.
The steering wheel was redone in Landau black and sat to cure for a couple months before bringing it to the bodyshop, So I wrapped a blanket around it and taped it up with painters tape so nobody that got this car would ruin what's underneath it. Looks stupid as hell, but extremely effective.
I cringe to think what he charges..:eek:

I obviously was kidding with my last comment. :)

It looks phenomenal!

I love the way our cars look from behind. I have only driven behind my own car maybe twice. And I loved it! Yours looks bad ass.

Had to put my sunglasses on just to look at the pictures. Does he hand sand every inch of it or use something a bit faster on the large panels? Amazingly nice!

Slowly chipping away at the list for a good majority of the exterior pieces. This week I have sanded and painted all my window trim satin black and installed them with new front seals, cleaned, scuffed and painted my rear qtr glass windows satin black and installed them, installed my new outer dew strips, trunk and hood trim, installed the door handles and key cylinders, along with the licence plate frames and stripped the tint off of the windows. I have a guy coming by this weekend to re tint the car. Then I can start tackling the interior.

747192C8-3D43-4717-9D09-EB524F60D6BA.jpeg

E28AA29B-FCA8-47B7-B4F7-EB276AEEFCC0.jpeg