extender question

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
figured I'd ask before it happens

what happens when you hit 255 on the maf does it lock like a regular chip ?

customer car ..Im up to 250 on the maf and only 21 -22# boost with -4 degrees timing backed off at wot

gonna turn it up over the weekend just not sure about the maf situation :eek:

Hmmm, I've never gotten that high. This must be quite a motor.
My recommendation would be to move up to an Extender Extreme if you're that close to the top limit already.

Im sure he'll jump in this thread its ws6formula50 on heres car

:)

Im not real familier with the extender stuff .. can the chip be upgraded to extreem ??

guess I best leave the boost alone for now till he gets an extreem

that sucks I just dumped race fuel in it ..it was on (93) pump gas thats why I had 4 degrees backed off the wot timing

:D 10's ... say it aint so :D

well his internet connection is out for now

anyone actually know what to expect If the maf pegs ?

sucks stopping at 21-22# boost :D

btw he dont mind so

Its a stock bottom end with my old Iron heads intake and same cam I was running and it has a 61 turbo on it

If you peg the extender seems like you'd still be able to add fuel pressure then trim the WOT fuel adjustment back inside the translator (which reduces the MAF value) but that will throw off your base runtime settings a bit but hopefully you'll sitill have some BLM range left for correction for closed loop driving and your AE fuel will be a bit richer too but the real quetion is wether or not a bit of FP change will allow you to dial back the MAF(WOT%) enough so that it no longer pegs so you still receive correct fueling.
HTH

if you get it to 255, it will stay there.

But I'm guessing your static on the injectors.....

Sounds like a set of 75's are in order.

Give me some details on the setup.

B

got it upgraded by Mike Licht free of charge. I did upgrade the injectors now to, the whole set up is diff now except turbo. ported big valve 8445's, ported intkake, 70mm TB and Precision plenum, 204/214 cam, 83# inj and Extender Extreme. May be dropping an LT70 on this thing