Experienced tuning shop in the Ottawa, Canada area?

Hi Gottlieb, I'm in Kemptville and slowly learning my way around tuning mine. I've owned my 87 TR for just over a year. I got great help from Steve Wood's site Vortex Buicks http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com. The biggest piece of advice I found was to install a powerlogger in the ECM to see what is going on with the motor. I too am looking for anyone in the area with TR experience/advice. If you haven't been to Steve's site, be prepared to do a lot of reading. It's quite extensive. There's far more interaction between systems than I imagined.

Doug

I'm in Ottawa as well guys. Never mind finding a specific buick tuner here in this city, you can get some dyno time here though and there are a couple of us who can help out.

If you don't already have one, I'd suggest a new modern chip which will at least allow some parameters, fueling and timing changes as well as an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for starters, upgraded fuel pump wiring, the list goes on and on.

To the oroginal poster, what are the upgrades done to your car?

I'm in Ottawa as well guys. Never mind finding a specific buick tuner here in this city, you can get some dyno time here though and there are a couple of us who can help out.

If you don't already have one, I'd suggest a new modern chip which will at least allow some parameters, fueling and timing changes as well as an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for starters, upgraded fuel pump wiring, the list goes on and on.

To the oroginal poster, what are the upgrades done to your car?
Hi Jim, Is there a group of guys in the area that own GN's/TR's and get together once in a while or talk to each other? I bought my uncles car last year and got it running after sitting in his garage for 13 years. It needed a complete fuel system, tank to TT 42 lb injectors and TT chip. Had the heads freshened up at D&D performance, adjustable fuel pressure reg. power plate, powerlogger etc. I'm having a hard time getting the fuel dialed in. It;s running good though and I know there's more in there but I'm being real careful.

Yup a few of us would try to get together on occasion but I work shift work so that's always made it a bit difficult. Sounds like you are on the right track though. We can try and meet up sometime for sure. I would try to make it to Hazeldean Mall cruise nights on Tuesdays but that's pretty much over now. Keep it a little on the rich side underboost as its not worth squeezing out every ounce of power as the margin for error can be very small but costly.

also in the area. Not much out there locally. RPM motorsports or something like that in Montreal has had a couple of these himself and tunes them