exhaust sudgestions

equalizer442

im looking for a new exhaust for my grand national. i hit a series of items in the road over a weeks time that ripped my old hooker dual stright pipes.

ive got a 3.5 inch thdp and i need sudgestions of what exhaust would be best for this car and the price.

thanks.:)

If you conduct a search I believe you will find that the consensus is the best bang for the buck is the Hooker system. I’m not saying that the Hooker system is the best, just a good value.

I custom made my 3” system using a Flowmaster muffler (modeled after an ATR system). Most guys you will find do not like the Flowmaster d/t a drone at cruise. For what ever reason my system does not drone, I used a single 3” inlet and dual 2.5” outlet Flowmaster for an F-body.

I have the hooker - good bang for the buck. With a 3 1/2" DP you may want to consider the ATR 3" duals.

ive also got the hooker setup.

although my hooker pipes no longer have there cat or mufflers:cool: i like the setup but i hung the pipes on a uncovered man hole and mangled them and no exhaust shop locally will work on them because of the car not having a cat.

i guss i could try to strighten them out but there never going to be right again.

If you have the funds, ATR is the best engineered system. I have them on both of my street cars. One has the 2.5inch dual system and the other runs the 3inch single shot. Flow-wise, they are about the same. The 3inch is lighter as well as louder. Do not let anyone sell you on Flowmasters for a turbo motor. While they are great sounding on v8s, you want as little backpressure as possible with a turbo. The ATR mufflers are straight-thru designs with minimal restriction. I have had a car with the ATR 3inch dual system. It is a crossflow design - does not flow any better than the other two, is pretty loud, and HEAVY. The only purpose I see in it is if someone just has to have the macho dual 3inch pipe bling factor. Think about it, if you are running a 3 - 3.5inch downpipe, why would you need 6inches out the back?????? Just a matter of personal preference.:D