Exhaust leak or head gasket

youngstr

Took the T to work and opened it up, now suddenly idle is way too rich 0.769 like wide open , and stumbles off idle then smooths out till about half throttle and then starts stumbling again. Sounds like I popped passenger side exhaust gasket on the header I,d say head gasket except I don't see any thing leaking there and nothing out the exhaust. Anyone's thoughts on what to check next would be appreciated. Thanks

Any white smoke,antifreeze in the oil?
Any info like powerlog,scanmaster?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm at work now , no smoke and in normal driving range seemed fine I'll check the oil after work , if I did pop the head I might have did it on the outside edge and missed the coolant and oil guides

Grab you an old garden hose cut it about 3 ft long. Now stick one end in your ear one end against your exhaust manifold as the car is running ,you'll hear if it's an exhaust leak.

Grab you an old garden hose cut it about 3 ft long. Now stick one end in your ear one end against your exhaust manifold as the car is running ,you'll hear if it's an exhaust leak.

Will do in morning, I still gotta ease it home after work.

If you have those metal looking exhaust manifold gaskets, you most likely blew one out. You shouldn't need gaskets. Just use a thin coat of ultra copper and keep the bolts torqued properly.