Exhaust housing swap question

broke

broke
Is it possible to use a garret exhaust housing off a TA49 on a precision 6262 ballbearing billet wheel?
Thanks in advance

No way the turbine wheel on a 62 is gonna fit in the 49 housing. Wheels are two different sizes. But with that said you can get it machined

turbo nasty said:
No way the turbine wheel on a 62 is gonna fit in the 49 housing. Wheels are two different sizes. But with that said you can get it machined

^this. But you shouldn't need to do this. The 62 turbine will be choke flowed over 60lbs/min with the Garrett housing unless you have high CR and fast ramp cam with less overlap you might be able to squeeze another 5ls/min through it but backpressure will be high. You should have went with a smaller turbine if you wanted quicker spoolup. 5857 and ,5858 are brutal when using a Garrett .63 and 2800 stall.

^this. But you shouldn't need to do this. The 62 turbine will be choke flowed over 60lbs/min with the Garrett housing unless you have high CR and fast ramp cam with less overlap you might be able to squeeze another 5ls/min through it but backpressure will be high. You should have went with a smaller turbine if you wanted quicker spoolup. 5857 and ,5858 are brutal when using a Garrett .63 and 2800 stall.
Thanks for such a complete answer as to why. My engine is out and i am still waiting to get it back and was just kickin ideas around. Dont really wanna choke it. It should be around 9-1 comp when i get it back and that coupled with my ptc 2800 should be fine. Still havent decided on which roller cam if you wanna give your input Bison it would be of high value to me.Stroker champion aluminums 9-1 compression street strip......

broke said:
Thanks for such a complete answer as to why. My engine is out and i am still waiting to get it back and was just kickin ideas around. Dont really wanna choke it. It should be around 9-1 comp when i get it back and that coupled with my ptc 2800 should be fine. Still havent decided on which roller cam if you wanna give your input Bison it would be of high value to me.Stroker champion aluminums 9-1 compression street strip......

3313 intake/3313exhaust. 160lbs on the seat. 110 LS installed at 108 centerline. Run 1.65 rocker on intake/1.55ex You will drive through the converter over 20psi. Or go to a similar xsr lobe run 112 LS and install at 110 centerline with 1.55 rockers. You will hit choke flow on the turbine around 132mph. It will make peak power around 27-28psi. You will need a converter before you can max it out. If you were building a 116 octane engine you could run the bigger ex wheel and about a half point more CR. Try it.