Exhaust hanger.

RED LS1

Anyone know of a source for the rubber part of the Exhaust hanger? My Rubber is broke in 1/2. Worst part is I just sold a spare one I had around with a great rubber replacement on it. I know I can cut a tire or something i'm just looking for some other options for now before I do that.

g body makes a stainless one that is a pretty penny, but its the whole hanger, you can buy sections of the rubber and cut to fit, some muffler shops have big pieces you can get cut to what you need

grainger carries conveyor belt rubber and that is basically what it is

Using the rubber strap part from a universal exhaust hanger is mentioned in this thread.

AAF5B4AB-6DBD-4DC7-A388-74CF59903323.png

If it works out, post up how to do it in the “How To” section.

Thanks guys. I'm sure I can find some worthy Rubber. I'm going to check the Auto Parts places for a universal Hanger and steal the Rubber from it.

I drilled out the rivets, and used some nuts n bolts to put it back together. And I think some fender type washers to spread the force out on the rubber.

g body makes a stainless one that is a pretty penny, but its the whole hanger, you can buy sections of the rubber and cut to fit, some muffler shops have big pieces you can get cut to what you need
I bought the Gbody Stainless one not realizing it’s for a 2 1/2 inch exhaust and had to remove material to make it work.

I use AP Exhaust 8200 brackets and drill out the rivets, not cheap at $12 but the rubber is thick enough and wide enough.

Attachments

• 20190906_153305.jpg
    20190906_153305.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 48
I went the Grainger route. Same material as the original.

Apache Inc:
Conveyor Belt 2 Ply 220
Nitrile Bubber 3/8" Belt Thickness
Item #6RU83
Mfr Model #20021030-06

$14.46 (6" x 12" x 3/8")

Used the old one as the pattern for size & hole location. Looks & works like new.

I bought this one off amazon, and like previous have said drilled out the rivets. The rubber is great quality and it bolts right in.

Great info. I like the idea of no holes, it seems like it would give more support and last longer.

I bought this one off amazon, and like previous have said drilled out the rivets. The rubber is great quality and it bolts right in.

I bought the same walker exhaust bracket a few years ago and used it to hold up the cat converter. I redrilled the metal bracket holes and modified it that way to fit. Works great.

Here is the two Walker brackets side by side for comparison.

The thinner one on the right is .250" thick rubber composite.

The 8200 on the left is .350" thick composite.

Different stranding in the middle.

Both work fine, don't have the factory thickness measured on the strap to compare.
20190910_175750.jpg
20190910_175817.jpg

Thanks for the info on the Walker part, I''ve just ordered one and will finally fix the torn mount.