Exhaust cutouts.

RED LS1

I am posting this in the Lounge because I want to BS about it and kind of rant.

I recently picked up a lower mileage GN. My plans for the car aren't anything crazy. I mostly want to upgrade the 30 year old fuel system, Chip, cat back and some other small things like get the engine bay looking great and get a nice stance with factory wheels and bigger tires.

One of the things I would like to do is get rid of the cat and replace it with a cutout/Test pipe. I don't really have an interest in a $400-600 Down pipe combo at this time. I'm not saying I won't do that down the line someday but it would be really nice to just bolt a cutout in for the time being. this will help me get rid of that cat and help the car spool a hair quicker. Every once in a blue moon on a nice day I'd like to take the cap off and chug and whistle around town. I do not want to open the dump because I think the car will be faster or anything like that. I don't really care about that.

I have been unable to find a simple cat converter replacement dump pipe for GN. I am pretty surprised. I know I can have one made it's pretty simple I just don't really have time to deal with that.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent for a minute.

Hope you feel better now, ha. The funny thing about test pipes is that they are all different lengths because everyone's downpipe is cut off differently. You are better off to buy a really long one, cut it to length and then take it to a muffler shop to get swedged so it's a slip fit. I recommend a band clamp vs. muffler clamp so it does not get crimped and is easily removable. The good news is the 4 bolt flange is pretty standard.

I have a 2.5" test pipe with a QTP electric cut out, and all the wiring. If your interested I can do $160 shipped within the conus. It was too short for the downpipe I had so an extension is welded to it.

Is it set up for the stock DP as far as length and diameter? Possible to snap a picture of it?

The previous owner of my T cut a hole in the cat and emptied it. Then tacked the cut out piece back on. I am thinking about putting some putty or something around that piece to fill some of the holes.

The previous owner of my T cut a hole in the cat and emptied it. Then tacked the cut out piece back on. I am thinking about putting some putty or something around that piece to fill some of the holes.

He didn't think to cut the hole in the top? :banghead:

I run with my cut out open all the time. Never ever shut it unless I see a cop coming.
I bought mine from Jegs.

I run with my cut out open all the time. Never ever shut it unless I see a cop coming.
I bought mine from Jegs.

do go on.....

You bought a bolt in cutout with a 4 bolt flange for a stock 2.5 DP??

A open dump on a TR is not as loud as some V8 cars... especially Mudstains that are running through the muffs.

Whistle (carry) on...

IMG_2454.JPG
do go on.....

You bought a bolt in cutout with a 4 bolt flange for a stock 2.5 DP??

Sorry, no I bought a bolt in cat delete pipe and welded in a cutout.

I have a 2.5" test pipe with a QTP electric cut out, and all the wiring. If your interested I can do $160 shipped within the conus. It was too short for the downpipe I had so an extension is welded to it.
Is your 2.5" test pipe w/QTP cutout w/wiring still for sale? How long is it end to end including 4 bolt flange? How much including shipping to California? Thanks.