Exhaust Condensation?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
How much exhaust condensation/moisture collects in your pipes?

I have Pypes 2.5" dual Race Pro muffs on the Buick & 2.5" Magnaflow on my Jeep. I live about mile high & a dry climate. I'm surprised at the amount of moisture that comes out of the tail pipes when I start these two vehicles. I don't see it with my diesel pick-up.

T-type Jones

How much exhaust condensation/moisture collects in your pipes?

I have Pypes 2.5" dual Race Pro muffs on the Buick & 2.5" Magnaflow on my Jeep. I live about mile high & a dry climate. I'm surprised at the amount of moisture that comes out of the tail pipes when I start these two vehicles. I don't see it with my diesel pick-up.
That's why if you have a TURBO vehicle, and you start it up just to hear that Buick, or Hennessy, you wanna make sure you let it get to a good temp before you shut it off. You don't wan't that condensation sitting in, and rusting out your Turbo. You said you're a Mile High & Dry, are you in Colorado, if so...COOL I'm in Denver

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Not in Colorado.

I used to live in the rain forest & didn't experience this level of condensation build up.

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Tons including today outside on the winders. Going to the dentist now, it's soaked in and out.... no garage either.... I think there was a little more on the dual Kenne Bell exhaust than the RJC crossflow but the soot and water helps re-coat my 54 year old oil soaked driveway. o_O 46 degrees at 8am, now it's 68 degrees out and rising. Steam started 30 seconds after starting it up that's not my Mobil 1 burning there. :p

Attachments

• 20211020_075546.jpg
    20211020_075546.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • 20211020_075739.jpg
    20211020_075739.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

jlat

hello people; When I had my RJC installed a small hole was put in the muff. for that reason. I think the crossflow holds a lot of moisture.
IBBY

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
From my understanding for every 3 gallons of gasoline that’s burned there’s 1 gallon of water produced as a byproduct which exits the exhaust as steam.
In colder weather the water doesn’t stay suspended until it’s out of the tailpipe and collects in the exhaust system.
It’s best to run a car long enough to get the exhaust system hot enough to vaporize all the moisture so it doesn’t rust out...... or so I’ve been told.