Epitome, please help!

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
I was moving some of my models around today to take pictures for someone on another board and this one got dropped.:eek: It sure as heck is "Tweaked" now. I *think* I can straighten the a-pillar out enough to be halfway presentable; would you by any chance have a spare of the clear plastic piece with all the windows? I still have the tachometer and pillar-mounted gauges so they can be glued back in. Thanks in advance...

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

I dont know if you can get any parts to fix that unless you got another car to kitbash. When I asked them if they had any extra chrome trim pieces from their last run of two tone cars, they said they can only had some door mirrors and the hood emblems. I want to turn my 87 grey T model into a Limited witht the Chrome Package to match my 1:1 car. Ill have to resort to chrome foiling the parts.

Parts

My son destroyed an 85 T I had here I'll see if he will sell you a windshield.

I laugh now because I told him 8 months ago you can't take those cars apart & part them out like the full size real car. I guess he proved me wrong.:eek:

My son destroyed an 85 T I had here I'll see if he will sell you a windshield.

I laugh now because I told him 8 months ago you can't take those cars apart & part them out like the full size real car. I guess he proved me wrong.:eek:

I'd appreciate if anybody could help me out here. Is the model you're talking about one of the 1:18 scale ones? That's what I need the window piece from. It's a single piece that has the windshield, back window, and quarter windows all together. Thanks!

My bad, the quarter windows are seperate... The piece with the front & back windows is VERY difficult to remove without cracking as it is riveted to the car body, but as you can see it is doable. I don't mind if the inside (hidden) part is slightly cracked as long as nothing will show when it is all back together...

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

:eek:As much as you work on your car you would think you would leave the models alone.:biggrin:

I generally do leave them alone but one of the guys over at turbotransam.com (that's where I go to get updates on the TTA diecast model, which mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow:biggrin:) wanted to see some detailed photos of the GMP TR models. I was moving this one to get at another one, and I set it down and it rolled right off the shelf and took a hit to the windshield from my surround sound speaker! I'm really hoping to salvage this thing...this really bums me out but at least it wasn't my 1:18 '87 Grand National.:eek:

You can pick up another tweaked on ebay pretty cheap, this one is a steal and it has the LITHOGRAPH with it !
BUICK DRAG CAR TWEAKED W/ SIGNED LITHOGRAPH GMP 1/18 - eBay (item 350101135927 end time Sep-29-08 14:49:45 PDT)
just an idea for you but buy that one and the one you have that damaged , put them side by side , damage yours a little more !!!! Like it was wrecked. Would make a killer display like that ! Sort of a before and after shot of a bad night at the track ! Daniel

You had me real close to buying that one on eBay, but with my wedding anniversary being tomorrow I have other priorities. I have the metal pretty much straightened back out on my existing model (not an easy thing to do--they break much easier than they mend!) so I was hoping Bweavy or Epitome could just help me out with a new window assembly. Otherwise I'll just have to put this thing further back on a higher shelf and turn it the other way so it's not so easily seen. Sucks since I was hoping to display it with all my other Buick diecasts but oh well--at least now I have a diecast Turbo Trans Am model to take Tweaked's place on the main shelf and put a big grin back on my face!:biggrin:

Sorry for being so late on this. To me, the best route is to just replace it. Luckily, it's the least expensive car on the secondary market compared to any other that could have been broken. I will check and see if I have a damaged return on one. If I do, I will just give it to you.

Sorry for being so late on this. To me, the best route is to just replace it. Luckily, it's the least expensive car on the secondary market compared to any other that could have been broken. I will check and see if I have a damaged return on one. If I do, I will just give it to you.

Thanks Ted,

I really appreciate you getting back to me. If you have a damaged return on ANY 1:18 scale model let me know, I'll pay you for it if you're willing to work out some sort of "blem" deal.

Thanks again...

I think I may still have a whole case of those Tweaked cars.

Email me if you need one.

Joe