Engine support tool (independent from floor)

Waco84GN

Member Boost-aholics anon
This tool was made by my dad to help us support the motor while changing the transmission.

The tool utilizes 2 holes in the cross member under the motor.

There is a 1/2" square bar that is drilled and tapped for 3/8"-16 bolts that gives pushed inside the cross member via the hole for the control arm.

The plate is 3/8" thick with 3 gussets on the front and 2 on the back to keep the plate from distorting and trying to straighten the bends back out.

There is a 1" nut that is welded to the plate with 1" all-thread acting as the jack screw. The hex has been milled on the end of the bolt to accept a 5/8" socket.

The small dish at the top of the all-thread is attached with an allen head bolt and is cut with enough clearance to allow the piece to stay stationary while the all-thread turns.

The first couple of pictures are of the prototype without the gussets the second set of pictures is during the transmission re install process.

Thanks for looking at my dad's work. He takes pride in what he does and what he makes normally works as intended. By the way, this tool weighs A LOT and starting the bolts that go in the bar that is in the cross member is not a lot of fun without another person helping you steady the plate.

Thanks a lot guys,
Jerry jr.

Way cool!! And I see you have the same starter I just installed in mine.