Engine Stalls, GenII help

Lobsterbak

need more money
Hey guys,

Just rebuilt the engine in my 87 GN, and it used to run fine until I got the Extreme G chip, and the GenII Translator. It starts up and idles fine, but after a few minutes it starts to stumble, then dies out. I have attached a log of the car running, its quite long, but the last 2 minutes or so is when the car starts to act up then shuts off. I'd appreciate any help I could get, I can't imagine anything serious being wrong, probably just some settings in the GenII. For the base settings in the GenII, I used a list that I found on here..it starts up and idles nicer than it ever has (or atleast sounds nicer), throttle response is excellent, etc. I haven't driven it yet, I want to get this issue fixed before it heads down the road for its first test drive.

I'm working overnights and then a double shift tomorrow, so it might be a day or two before I get on here, but I appreciate any help I can get!

87 GN
TE 60 Turbo
60# Injectors
AlkyControl
LC1 WB
LT1 MAF
PLC/Scanmaster

Attachments

• LogFile.dat
    651.3 KB · Views: 43
(EDIT- disregard first bullet, extreme G chip feature different for this BLM than I thought)You have your BLM correction setting in the chip set to 9, not sure why.
Your idle is a little rich on the wide band.
Double check the input is for an LT1 MAF.
Double check the out put is for the extreme G chip.
I would use the open loop idle feature in the chip, you may have an exhaust leak that is screwing up your O2 sensor, as soon as you go closed loop is when your problem starts.

Last edited:
The input for the MAF is correct.

I changed the loop control to idle in open loop - it now stays alive! After a while it starts running 'rough', not really popping or backfiring, just stumbling around. But it didn't stall in the 15 minutes I ran it.

More tweaking and messing around I guess, just paranoid over screwing up something haha.

Even though I said disregard, try putting parameter 11 in the BLM table back to 8. I think that parameter is the BLM correction parameter. Right now I think you are adding 3 percent fuel which may be why you are showing rich at idle. I have the Extender Pro chip, but I think the adjustment parameters are the same. With the chip set to it's default settings you can start tuning with the Gen II and use any chip features as desired if you need to. Some of the Gen II features are similar to the Maft Pro which I use as a translator. You should be able to get it all dialed in no problem with the Gen II.

Hey Nigel,

Sorry it took me so long, did a bunch of doubles at work so I could have a week off. That parameter, according to the manual adjusts boost. Not BLM Correction.
Bob helped me out, and we figured out that a wire on the "plug and play" harness had to be disconnected, it runs in Closed loop idle, albeit kinda rough. I'm trying to dial it in, but I'm confused as to what the mainscale adjustment does...Bob hasn't emailed me back, so either he got sick of me asking questions or is super busy, haha.

I changed the 02 sensor today, all they had was a Bosch unit, and it's reading from .071 to 900...pretty weird. Hopefully its just a crappy sensor and nothing else. Eventually I'll get this thing figured out so when the car gets painted, it's all ready to finally have some fun with. I got it in 2007 when I was in Iraq, and haven't really been able to enjoy it!

just really busy, I don't recall an email asking about the mainscale.

it adjusts airflow (so, therefore fueling) over the entire range, so sorta like adjusting fuel pressure.

I adjust it so the cruising and light accel BLMs are around 122 - 128.

Bob

I figured you were busy, you warned me about that before sir :D

I'm getting it closer, few more days and I should be in business. I really appreciate your help!

NP, I have not been able to access the site for days, some glitch I guess as I see in the lounge others have had the same issue. I don't know if your plug and play harness has the leads for the wide band, but mine did. When I wired the LC-1 up to it, my O2 readings to the ECM were over ridden by the wide band. Took me a while to figure that out, I ended up bypassing the O2 wire around the plug and play around the plug play harness(only factory wire I have cut). It would peg max volts, that's how I could tell. It worked fine before I wired in the LC-1.