Engine Rebuild, looking for help

TinysTurboPerf

RUTHLESS
I have started buying parts for my upcoming winter project and looking for help in the camshaft and torque converter department. I'm looking for a roller cam and on the torque converter, I don't know if LU or NLU is better suited for lots of street driving. This car will be 90% street driven and would like to drive it to BG and other events. My goal is 600rwhp

Here is what I have so far:

Champion Irons & Intake
Eagle Crank stock stroke
JE Pistons 8.5:1
Eagle Stock Length Rods
ARP Fasteners
Billet Center Main Caps
Precision 6262 Journal Bearing
3" Kirban DP
CAS V4 SLIC
Pypes 2.5" Cat Back
Quick Performance 9" with 3.40
Spohn Tubular front U & L Control Arms
Spohn Front Sway and Rear Drag Bar
80lb Injectors and Turbotweak Chip
I'm going to run Race Fuel but would like to look into E85
Racetronix 340 Fuel Pump
Will get a built trans from one of the reputable guys.
I'm going to add coilovers at some point as well.
I have stock headers and not sure if they will support this.

I hope this is enough info for you guys.

Pick the cam first, then call up PTC or one of the vendors on here for a converter recommendation for that cam and turbo.

Since this is going to be a mostly street application, I'd only go non-lockup if you already have a transmission that's had the lockup removed. If the transmission can still do lockup, there's nothing to lose by keeping the lockup function.

Stock headers will work if they are in good shape. If all cracked and failing go with new ones. Don't think you'll meet that hp goal with those parts. I would look to at least 9.3 to 1 compression. A 212/212 cam would be fine. You'll need a perfect valvetrain setup. Get advice from an expert on spring pressures.

I have started buying parts for my upcoming winter project and looking for help in the camshaft and torque converter department. I'm looking for a roller cam and on the torque converter, I don't know if LU or NLU is better suited for lots of street driving. This car will be 90% street driven and would like to drive it to BG and other events. My goal is 600rwhp

Here is what I have so far:

Champion Irons & Intake
Eagle Crank stock stroke
JE Pistons 8.5:1
Eagle Stock Length Rods
ARP Fasteners
Billet Center Main Caps
Precision 6262 Journal Bearing
3" Kirban DP
CAS V4 SLIC
Pypes 2.5" Cat Back
Quick Performance 9" with 3.40
Spohn Tubular front U & L Control Arms
Spohn Front Sway and Rear Drag Bar
80lb Injectors and Turbotweak Chip
I'm going to run Race Fuel but would like to look into E85
Racetronix 340 Fuel Pump
Will get a built trans from one of the reputable guys.
I'm going to add coilovers at some point as well.
I have stock headers and not sure if they will support this.

I hope this is enough info for you guys.
https://turbobuick.com/threads/mfs-...-updated-9-19-2014.412923/page-2#post-3412886
copy what i did here. If you need anything i used here message me. It was only 580whp on the stock short block but it ran the numbers. Weve been over 600whp on iron heads with 93/alky and similar. Stock headers will work to 800whp.