Engine just stopped

Thanks Michael,
Used a friend's t-Type and discovered you must leave the key ON to maintain pressure in rail, so fuel appears not to be the problem.

Spray some starting fluid in, not even a little pop so on to coil pack however both (had extra one) showed infinite resistance across terminals,
pulled pack, the ignition module is gooey, understand that's bad.
So need to order a pack and module, have located a Delphi module and NGK pack.
Any thoughts on that combination?
Delphi also makes a pack so may order both from same vendor. Or if another recommendation is offered here I will follow.
Car is just used as a driver.

What's with the cream cheese frosting! Some make fun of the Advance Auto modules but have been running the same one for 13 years and lifetime warranty if needed. Picked up the coil pack also back then for $65 to have a spare but still on the original one. Just make sure you take the old one with you if you go that route because they have another similar to it. 99.9% sure they'll need to order it for you.

Thanks, however Advance Auto no longer has the Ignition Module (10/3/19) just called their National order line.

Well it's now Monday - got major parts from Rock Auto on Saturday assembled however connector would not go into the ignition module, ICM
Looked on the web site which showed compatible ICM however the new part was not that shown on the site, Rock Auto refused a return and no way to get to a real person. I never use a site unless a real address and tele number is listed, their number just says do return on line, fill in the blanks. (another bad lesson learned)

So off to another vendor, expect part in on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Well it's now Monday - got major parts from Rock Auto on Saturday assembled however connector would not go into the ignition module, ICM
Looked on the web site which showed compatible ICM however the new part was not that shown on the site, Rock Auto refused a return and no way to get to a real person. I never use a site unless a real address and tele number is listed, their number just says do return on line, fill in the blanks. (another bad lesson learned)

So off to another vendor, expect part in on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Got mine from NAPA. Just remember you get what you pay for when it comes to auto parts.

And the screw ups continue, just received an AC Delco D1996, the D1996 is listed as correct however it's wrong just like the last one from Rock Auto. The connector keying is wrong. Anyone know what's going on here? The AC Delco box reads GM# 19260720
Did a search on GM 19260720 and found on Highway Stars which notes " This part supercedes both #25526449 and #24503624 ignition modules " and also says " #19260720 Ignition Module for 1986-1987 Vin 7 Buick Grand National " Do have the "7" in the Vin.

Attachments

• Old Ig Mod white pot 2a.jpg
    Old Ig Mod white pot 2a.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 28
  • New Ig Mod black pot 2.jpg
    New Ig Mod black pot 2.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 29
Well no go again.
New pump, pressure with key on at rail, 35psi +
Coil Pack checked out both bottom tabs and top plug terminals.
New ignition control module
Still cranks, nothing even with starting fluid sprayed in.

So next is ???

Well no go again.
New pump, pressure with key on at rail, 35psi +
Coil Pack checked out both bottom tabs and top plug terminals.
New ignition control module
Still cranks, nothing even with starting fluid sprayed in.

So next is ???
Post #18?

Don't want this to come across harshly, but have you studied and followed the tree?

Well your comment is justified ! And no I did not follow the tree, will go back and start over instead of throwing ideas at the problem, thanks.
It will take a little time since most of the words in the tree are somewhat strange to me, so it's going to be slow - some research to the meanings and then run the test. Sounds like I will need a scan tool of some sort - are they still available?

Just to mention the ignition control module connector problem, NAPA on line does not list however my local store did have a listing of it and from the poor pictures it appeared correct. The one from Kirban was also correct.

Rock Auto refused a return and no way to get to a real person.
Being the part could not be plugged in, they should have allowed the refund.
So, stop payment on the credit card, and let them deal w/ that.

You could "rent" a noid light from AutoZone. Will tell you if your injectors are firing.

Key on. Check for power at pin p and m on the module plug. Both pins have pink/blk wire. If missing power, check fuses.

if you have power, pull the cam sensor cap off and verify the cam sensor wheel turn when cranking. If it does not turn, your timing chain broke. If it does turn, replace your crank sensor.