Engine Ground Wires

MRP78

Are there any pictures of where the engine ground wires are supposed to attach to the back of the passenger side head? Are they located closer to the top of the engine, bottom or both? What is the best way to get to these wires, what do you have to do or remove to see and get to them?

They go on the upper bolt hole on the rear of the passenger side head....box end wrench.

I dont recall the exact number of wires but there is many per ring terminal and they are about 3-4 ring terminals IIRC. And yes they all go under the same bolt in stock config.

I looked at mine the other day and its under the wiring loom thats runs across the back of the engine , its in tight quarters but a box end wrench would work to get to it .

You might remove coilpack and module. Also remove the bracket and the one bolt that holds the wire harness to the manifold.. A long open end wrench would prolly work the best.

For ease of access I relocate these to the intake manifold bolts when doing a motor swap. ;)

Rick

The stock bolts on the back of the head for the ground rings is a 15mm hex.

I never put them back in the original location since they are a major PIA in that location.

Use an intake bolt with a stud and install it second from the firewall on the pass side, and mount the ground wires there like what was done on the 1989 Turbo Trans Am. :)

The stock bolts on the back of the head for the ground rings is a 15mm hex.

I never put them back in the original location since they are a major PIA in that location.

Use an intake bolt with a stud and install it second from the firewall on the pass side, and mount the ground wires there like what was done on the 1989 Turbo Trans