Engine Failure

First fire today, on the 50th which is pretty cool. Everything seems good so far, still on jack stands. Will update progress as it happens.

So, what all did you end up doing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The summary is:
Had a spare block, did not do steel caps at this time.
Eagle forged crank and rods, buddy of mine did the short block.
JE pistons
JW flexplate
ATI balancer
Husek rebuilt the tranny
PTC NLU spec'ed by Bison for my combo
Kept the 5858, 206 roller, heads ...
Will be a few weeks of walking things up once I get the first road miles.

Did you go with WEBER?

If so how was the purchase?
The turn around time?
The help fullness of the staff?
Shipping?

I have a bad fuel line fitting, so I have a new one coming in the mail so no drive yet. I trusted it enough to iron some stuff out in the garage, but that is it. I suck at photos but thought I would post a picture of the gauges, first life they have seen in over a year. I installed these gauges 2 winters ago, bought them from a board member, check out the logo on the tack and speedo. I also hooked the ISAC I bought last year, so will be interesting to play with that. All in all, I have not kept track to the penny, but that little blow up cost me north of $10K.

IMG_0147.JPG

The summary is:
Had a spare block, did not do steel caps at this time.
Eagle forged crank and rods, buddy of mine did the short block.
JE pistons
JW flexplate
ATI balancer
Husek rebuilt the tranny
PTC NLU spec'ed by Bison for my combo
Kept the 5858, 206 roller, heads ...
Will be a few weeks of walking things up once I get the first road miles.
good for you!now go enjoy it:)

Nice to see it up and running again Nigel!
Did you go with the internal or external balanced crank?

Nice to see it up and running again Nigel!
Did you go with the internal or external balanced crank?
I went internal, nothing to note worthy. The eagle crank snout was a little undersized. The balancer was a hone to fit, but with the undersized snout it had roughly .0007 to .0008 interference out of the box, so no honing. Had to slightly clearance one hole on the flex plate. Other than, it was pretty good. I should have first road test Friday.

Saw a similar failure on FB just today. Blew out the rear of the block and cracked the trans too.

I got lucky, if you can call it that, my trans did not crack. I was worried when I first saw the carnage.
Took a mild first drive, so far so good.

I got a glitch, have a leak I am trying to hunt down, expect delays in the updates. I did put about 10 miles on the car and other than a leak, everything is on the money.

Trans fluid, I think I got it nailed down, will post up later.

I remember your 5858 posting the best ET and MPH I’ve seen. Was there any money leftover for a bar?
Good it’s all most running back to our better than its former glory.

No bar yet, but maybe I can get on a track rental or get a good pass in when I get it sorted out.

Did you get the 5858 into the 10's?
dvernst ran a 10.98 with one but it was in a TTA.