Engine Failure

That was not the RPM curve I was expecting to see.
But I don’t know what I was expecting.
Nice job! All in the 60.
5-10 more horses in the 1/8 you add some timing?

Thanks for posting the log Nigel, I didn't realize that a 16 blade would perform like that. Certainly didn't know it would leave at 4700...

That was not the RPM curve I was expecting to see.
But I don’t know what I was expecting.
Nice job! All in the 60.
5-10 more horses in the 1/8 you add some timing?
I was 18 in 1-2, and 17 in 3. I don't recall where I was couple years ago I would have to check.
The converter is keeping the car in the fat part of the power, I am also using Bison's alky plate plus an M-10 nozzle in the up pipe. Trying to run as much methanol as I can, should be helping to make a little more power.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the log Nigel, I didn't realize that a 16 blade would perform like that. Certainly didn't know it would leave at 4700...
I would love to have some insider information on how the pump, turbine, and stator are designed/selected. Bison spec'ed the converter for my combo. It's amazing how much slip you get at zero speed and then how low of an rpm it couples up.

You need to get the manifold pressure up faster in 1st. It’s too low and 60’ is off because of it. Looks like solenoid is 100% DC. Is it hooked up? If not look for exhaust leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked back at the boost settings. One of the features of the ISAC is a boost rate of change, I need to increase this, I think this is what had the boost ramping in through 1st gear. I was shooting for 20 psi max on the line, and then having come in full after I roll out.