Engine Factory

gofstbuick

Administrator
Staff member
My good friend for a long time WE4 is liquidating all his stuff from his shop. Lots of transmission cores and parts, but the cream is a zero miles factory 1987 GN engine, came off the assembly line and has never been fired. He's asking $9000 for that engine and you'll have to arrange shipping or pick it up. Let me know what you need and I'll check with him. Those of you thinking that's a lot of money for a rebuild, this is NOT a rebuild and is complete from coil pack to egr to factory turbo and has installed the original GM oil filter the factory uses to test fire a new engine.

Last edited:
What would he want for s rebuildable core BRF trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_06931[1].jpg IMG_06941[1].jpg IMG_06951[1].jpg IMG_06961[1].jpg IMG_06971[1].jpg
Here's some photos.

you need to call richard clark i bet money he will buy the engine.!!

Why??

You know for a fact that he would buy an engine that is 30 yrs. old and although never run needs to be gone through.

Who knows how much rust or pitting there is inside and the gaskets are dried up for sure also.

They are only new once, and this one is thirty years old and isn't in the same condition it was when new.

It may be nice but it's not new. Never installed or used would be a more accurate description.

Richard knows what he's looking at and I'm sure he wouldn't pay that kind of money for it.

You can believe what you want about the engine. Bruce had 4 of these engines. One was sold to a member a few years ago (and one sold many years ago), was installed and fired right up (no complaints from member). He is down to 2 in his inventory, one is up for sale and one is going into his WE4

Hey, it's all good.

I've been a mechanic for over 30 years and I would go through it no matter what. Something sitting for that long is going to need something done to it period.

I'm just informing people that may not have the knowledge of knowing what they are contemplating spending that kind of money on what they are looking at.

You can build a forged stroker with aluminum heads for that price.

The longer they sit the more issues it may have. It is what it is.

Thirty years is a long time and time going by doesn't always make something worth more.

Does it come with a GM warranty? 3/36 month/mileage.

Would you spend 9G's on an engine that sat that long and not open it up to see if there were any corrosion or rust issues??

Sorry if I'm rubbing you the wrong way on this but I'm only speaking the truth and looking out for other members.

If you get what you're asking for it more power to you, but just because you state a price doesn't make it worth said price. It's only worth what one is willing to pay.

GLWS is where I'll leave it.

Last edited:
I was really expecting to see by the way it's was described and with the mentioned price an engine on a stand possibly have been stored in a tempature controlled room or at least wrapped in a plastic engine bag with the intercooler intake and downpipe all bolted to it like we have seen in dealer advertising.

Hope they get what he's asking but a little ambitious if you ask me

If Richard bought it I am sure it would go on the shelf with all his other pieces of Buick history. 9K seems really high to me. Cool pics.

Just so you know this motor was injected with oil and turned over from time to time. Remember, every sensor every fuel line every wire contained on the motor with injectors and harnesses are there along with new turbo, along with new manifolds and crossover. Everything is there to turn key to fire with the exception of drive accessories . NOT JUST AN ENGINE. It is Bolt in and connect and run. DONE! It was also always stored inside and living in Nor Cal it doesn't get cold enough or nasty enough to hurt it. It still is PERFECT! I know Richard and if he wanted it he would let me know and I have NEVER known Richard to be shy about dictating to you what he will or wont buy. Richard is an awesome straightforward dude, bar none. But he has access to more than ANY ONE PERSON on this board. This engine would be great for someone who had NOTHING, NADA to begin with and no core. I realize I am just some scumbag that knows nothing (God that's funny) and some on here are pure genius, so I will leave it at that. The last one was 27 years old and works flawless, not to mention, not so much as an oil leak and runs perfect to this day. That motor sold for 10K shipped to La. He had it picked up. Guy got in touch awhile back when I was sick to see how I was doing and said he has changed oil and plugs and NOTHING else and it was the best running engine and install he has ever done. So all I can say is now you know why I'm no longer around. My 29 years around these cars must have been an illusion and I missed it. What a dream it must have been or one helluva nightmare!!!!!!!!
LOL Y,all have a great safe day and love and take care of your friends and family as they won't be here forever! I wish you all the best!
Did you all forget that I saved this board in 1996 and donated over 250K in R&D for the 2004r over 29 years, gave up many, many, many family hours and time,almost cost me a divorce and did cost me my health, but we won't mention that !
ROFL!!!!!!
I would never mislead or misrepresent anything. If I ever do you are more than welcome to shoot me.
Only reason I am even selling is Dad is real sick , I am not doing all that well and I am moving into a new house and have sold my farm in California. No more room and no time. Need to concentrate on family as I do not know how much longer they will be around:cry:
I am stressing again, take care of family and friends!!!
WE4