Engine Experts

captndave737

While replacing my rear main seal I noticed my bearing was pitted. I'm collecting parts for a build but was hoping to get another year before I took it off the road. I figure I'll drive about 6,000 miles pulling my trailer in that time (650#).

Will it make it or will the engine be toast before then

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 205
Hey Dave I am going to do mine real soon. If you put it back together could you take some pics. I would really appreciate it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey Dave I am going to do mine real soon. If you put it back together could you take some pics. I would really appreciate it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
I'm not sure what you want a picture of. If it's the new seals in place before the cap was reinstalled it's too late because I had re installed it before I posted the bearing pictures.

If it's with the cap installed I can take a picture of that but it just looks like it did when the pan was dropped.

Looks pretty normal for 200,000 miles , if the crank is slick I would drive it some more .
Thanks,

I wasn't sure how bad they were but never had any bottom end noise. I might put some plastiguage on the bearings before I bolt it back up to see just how worn they are.

Replace the rear main bearing! Easy to do in the chassis. Support the crank (upward pressure) when you plastigauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk