Engine Cuts out and stumbles under boost...HELP PLEASE! `

Nick has responded to several threads where this kind of problem was proven to be caused by non resistor plugs. The problem I'm refering to is ignition break up. His response has always been to tell us the number of times he's used these plugs without issue. At the same time,he will mention breaking up issues after switching to E85 being fixed by installing the TR6 ignition system. He never tries to fix the breaking up issue by installing resistor plugs. He never recommended that you install resistor plugs to see if it fixed your problem because he refuses to admit that they are even a possible cause.

Your problem is not blown head gaskets. Your head gaskets are blown because of your problem.

You haven't even entered into the room where you keep the desk that contains the envelopes.

I believe you and I will not even start this car before I get those plugs this time. I also agree that a blown head gasket is a symptom of the problem, as the problem just kept getting worse...at first the car would just fall flat on its face with no stumbling or any other symptoms, then as we continued testing and trying to eliminate other issues it started popping and spitting and that is likely what blew the head gasket. I really hope the new plugs solve the issue! The previous owner had some really shoddy wiring under the dash that I have now cleared up and made it right as well. It is entirely possible that the wiring contributed to the issue and or the plugs. I wish I had read about these plugs prior to this build. Just so I can understand this completely what exactly causes the problem with the solid core plugs and why doesn't it happen with more mild builds? I also agree that we haven't even entered the room on the envelope, that is what has me so baffled here.

the solid plugs cause radio interference which may mess with the ecm and "freak it out"
resistor plugs don't make this interference.

the solid plugs cause radio interference which may mess with the ecm and "freak it out"
resistor plugs don't make this interference.
well that makes a little sense...at one point during our "testing phase" trying to narrow it down the Check Engine light did some SOS style flashing and then every single code available pulled up on the PowerLogger and Scan Master. Once we re-set it they never came back. It sounds like that may be exactly what was going on. I sure hope I hear back from "Ninja" soon, they havent even confirmed my order and it says something about him having to endure cancer treatments and there may be a 7-14 day delay on my shipment! I cant wait that long!

This is what weve been saying for days..... The ecm reboots under full throttle. Did you read my thread or just the last page? This is very well described in thst thread. And is accompanied with good logs. My car would flash the SES light intermittently and sometimes set various codes including 43.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

This is what weve been saying for days..... The ecm reboots under full throttle. Did you read my thread or just the last page? This is very well described in thst thread. And is accompanied with good logs. My car would flash the SES light intermittently and sometimes set various codes including 43.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I understand, and no I have not read your thread yet...I was trying to get this thing apart so I would know what to order and what I needed to get it back together. Now that I have a few days to wait for parts to come in I will read the entire thing. This makes entire sense now because code 43 was popping up for me too. I did order the plugs from the Ninja site that you sent me the link to and I can confirm that the BR8ES plugs will not fit in our heads...it is way too large. I wish I had paid attention to that number before I ordered them but now I have some useless plugs for the garage. There are a lot of sites in the UK that sell them, I may just order some from them too as I have no idea when the guy from Ninja will actually send them to me. My head gaskets will be here tomorrow morning so I can at least put everything back together and just wait on the plugs.

If anyone else has some that they would like to sell in the meantime please let me know. I have 12 on order now and will likely place another order today for 6 more just so I can get them sooner.

Ill sell you a brand new set at your cost. As long as you pay shipping or get me a new set somehow. I dont need to make money on them. The have been finger tightened into heads on a bench but I still have the boxes and they have NOT been fired. Only installed to measure chamber volume.

Ill sell you a brand new set at your cost. As long as you pay shipping or get me a new set somehow. I dont need to make money on them. The have been finger tightened into heads on a bench but I still have the boxes and they have NOT been fired. Only installed to measure chamber volume.

I would be forever grateful! I will send you a PM! I would gladly pay for overnight shipping if you are able to do so.

Ditto for me. I have 7 unused in my reserve (nice to have spares+1) that I can send if achalmersman cannot.

Do not push Ninja Performance, he does not like to be pushed. He is having family issue that take priority.

We BC8RES users have to stick together! ;)

Ditto for me. I have 7 unused in my reserve (nice to have spares+1) that I can send if achalmersman cannot.

Do not push Ninja Performance, he does not like to be pushed. He is having family issue that take priority.

We BC8RES users have to stick together! ;)[/QUOTE

achalmersman is going to overnight them to me tomorrow. I just told him how much I am amazed by the guys on this board that are so helpful and the lengths you will all go to help others. I have always said that you treat people how you would like to be treated, and I have always stepped up for others. I have been burned a lot but I have also met a lot of awesome people that are willing to do the same for me.

I didn't send Ninja Performance anything at all, I figured from the note that he put on his website that he is dealing with much more important things than shipping me spark plugs. To be honest I wouldn't even be upset if they never arrived, family is the most important thing...all of the rest is just a distraction. I am so pumped up now and hoping that this is what will finally get my car on the road so I can enjoy it.

Since I have some very knowledgeable guys helping me out here I am wondering if any of you can help me solve another problem that I have been having since day 1. I am not getting power to my AC compressor. I have checked all of the usual suspects like the fuse and chased the wiring back and everything looks good on it however when I tried to jump the compressor I got nothing as well. I will likely look at this when I get the car back together and solve one problem at a time but I figured I would get some advice on that one too...or should I start another thread on that problem so it can be searched later to possibly help others? I will make sure to update this one and close it out when the time comes as I hate reading threads where the OP fixes his issue and then never posts the solution to the problem. These are meant to help others with similar problems so I want to make sure to go all the way to the end with it.

We BC8RES users have to stick together! ;)[/QUOTE

achalmersman is going to overnight them to me tomorrow. I just told him how much I am amazed by the guys on this board that are so helpful and the lengths you will all go to help others. I have always said that you treat people how you would like to be treated, and I have always stepped up for others. I have been burned a lot but I have also met a lot of awesome people that are willing to do the same for me.

I didn't send Ninja Performance anything at all, I figured from the note that he put on his website that he is dealing with much more important things than shipping me spark plugs. To be honest I wouldn't even be upset if they never arrived, family is the most important thing...all of the rest is just a distraction. I am so pumped up now and hoping that this is what will finally get my car on the road so I can enjoy it.

Since I have some very knowledgeable guys helping me out here I am wondering if any of you can help me solve another problem that I have been having since day 1. I am not getting power to my AC compressor. I have checked all of the usual suspects like the fuse and chased the wiring back and everything looks good on it however when I tried to jump the compressor I got nothing as well. I will likely look at this when I get the car back together and solve one problem at a time but I figured I would get some advice on that one too...or should I start another thread on that problem so it can be searched later to possibly help others? I will make sure to update this one and close it out when the time comes as I hate reading threads where the OP fixes his issue and then never posts the solution to the problem. These are meant to help others with similar problems so I want to make sure to go all the way to the end with it.

I would never push Ninja Performance, from what he posted on his website he has much more important things to deal with for sure. Family is first always, the rest of this is just a distraction.

Since I have some very knowledgeable guys helping me out here I am wondering if any of you can help me solve another problem that I have been having since day 1. I am not getting power to my AC compressor. I have checked all of the usual suspects like the fuse and chased the wiring back and everything looks good on it however when I tried to jump the compressor I got nothing as well. I will likely look at this when I get the car back together and solve one problem at a time but I figured I would get some advice on that one too...or should I start another thread on that problem so it can be searched later to possibly help others? I will make sure to update this one and close it out when the time comes as I hate reading threads where the OP fixes his issue and then never posts the solution to the problem. These are meant to help others with similar problems so I want to make sure to go all the way to the end with it.[/QUOTE]

On GN1 aluminum heads, you can use the easily available NGK TR5's, or TR6 if you want to go a little colder.

well that makes a little sense...at one point during our "testing phase" trying to narrow it down the Check Engine light did some SOS style flashing and then every single code available pulled up on the PowerLogger and Scan Master.
In case you didn't catch what I wrote earlier,the first anomaly that I noticed was not being able to record data. The Powerlogger would stop monitoring and recording as soon as it was told to record by the TPS voltage threshold. The next thing I noticed was a sudden and unexplained high idle that had never happened before and went back to normal as soon as I re started the engine. If you install solid core plugs and find yourself saying"Wow,my car has never done that before",it's the plugs. When you replace them with resistors,you will never see that odd thing happen again. That'll be the proof that it was the plugs. After your posting of the SOS incident,I'm more convinced more than ever that your plugs are the culprit.

In case you didn't catch what I wrote earlier,the first anomaly that I noticed was not being able to record data. The Powerlogger would stop monitoring and recording as soon as it was told to record by the TPS voltage threshold. The next thing I noticed was a sudden and unexplained high idle that had never happened before and went back to normal as soon as I re started the engine. If you install solid core plugs and find yourself saying"Wow,my car has never done that before",it's the plugs. When you replace them with resistors,you will never see that odd thing happen again. That'll be the proof that it was the plugs. After your posting of the SOS incident,I'm more convinced more than ever that your plugs are the culprit.

Yes, me too...I had actually forgotten about that incident since it quickly went away and it was when we tried to use a different ECM with a known good ECM. Once that wasn't the problem we put my ECM back in and I just forgot about it since we figured it was not solved with a different one. As soon as I remembered that and saw some of the details you were posting a light immediately came on in my head. I too saw a high idle situation (2,000 RPM's for a few minutes) but I thought that was just the chip resetting after I rebooted the ECM. It makes sense now that the ECM was re-booting itself under WOT conditions...I cant wait to get these in and report back with my findings!

Eric, TR6 plugs are what was in it when I had this problem...they are solid core plugs right?
NGK literature shows them being copper core. Also they are projected tip vs non-projected.