engine cranks like its got a busted timing chain

Ive have plenty bleed down lifters from sitting. They are noisy at first, but pump up after running a minute.

I read a post where the oil pump gear had spun off the shaft could this be the issue?
Shaft would turn gear would not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get the frustration of all parts being good. Consider this,. The valves only need to open a tiny amount to support the power needed to start and idle. So even if the lifters all bleed down there should be enough valve movement to fire up.
So the question is why won't it fire and why does it sound so odd while cranking?

I get the frustration of all parts being good. Consider this,. The valves only need to open a tiny amount to support the power needed to start and idle. So even if the lifters all bleed down there should be enough valve movement to fire up.
So the question is why won't it fire and why does it sound so odd while cranking?
Yes like I said some times it sounds normal.you crank it then it tries to fire and pop then it free spins like zero compression. That one I have torn down. I assumed it had a bad timing gear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This site has been pretty slow lately. You maybe better off hitting up facebook groups grand national tech or tirbo farm or even house wives of turbo buick....

Turning to a Facebook group hoping for useful information is always a mistake.

Not true ive gotten lota of help on fb. Legit help. If youre skin is thick enough you can manage the bs and survive. Some ppl arent cut out for it..

I was hoping to get some real life advice but seems like a bunch of opinions about facebook. The only real reason Facebook was brought up in the 1st place was a jab so lets stick to the question at hand. Have any of you ran across this issue?

I'd pull the cam sensor out and prime it and see what pressure you have. If you don't have an oil pressure gauge in the car you'll have to tap one into the oil line.

I'd pull the cam sensor out and prime it and see what pressure you have. If you don't have an oil pressure gauge in the car you'll have to tap one into the oil line.
That is my plan on the one still in the car. I will try that thursday and see