Engine coolant in oil

lost2a6

I'm having a issue with my coolant going into my oil. I was fighting a ignition problem and it backfired a few times through the intake. As a result, I'm seeing coolant going straight into the oil. The engine is running fine, not missing or running rough, no excessive engine blow by, and I'm not getting steam out of the exhaust. I'm trying to be optimistic, is it possible that I lifted the intake and broke the water passage seal?

It's possible. Coolant getting into the crankcase can be a bad intake gasket, head gasket, or a crack somewhere. First things first... if you have anti freeze in your coolant GET IT OUT NOW!!!! That stuff eats bearing material. A cooling system pressure test is quick and easy if it shows the problem. A leak down test would be a good test to eliminate a head gaskets. It's a lot cheaper and easier if it's an intake gasket.

Pull all the plugs ck for coolant
Pressure test it with the plugs out . and up pipe off. Look at all area's.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just drained the oil, filter, and coolant. I refilled with some cheap oil. I left the radiator empty and cranked the car and let it run for about 45 sec and shut it back down. I did this to circulate fresh oil in the engine. I swear that it runs perfectly fine other that the water in oil issue. I'm going to look into it this weekend. Thanks guys!