Engine Bay - Help with Misc. Sensors/Connections...

Taylor04

Just trying to clean up some of the wiring in the engine bay and I found quite a few weather-pack connectors damaged/not connected.

1. This connector was next to the driver side manifold, looks like it melted. What is it?

IMG_0626.jpg

2. So this one was found unplugged, car ran fine until the maf died. This is the vacuum canister correct? It's on the driver's side...under the air filter. Should I plug it in?

IMG_0628.jpg

3. This looks like a vacuum line...it comes from the cruise control unit and runs down the drivers fender towards the air filter. It then hits that "T" in the photo. It was just bundled up and capped with a small bolt. Any ideas?

IMG_0629.jpg

4. Okay, the last one is on the passenger side. You can see the AC unit in the photo for location. Where does this go/do? (brown connector in middle of photo)

IMG_0631.jpg

-Andrew

first photo, green is tach lead, black is fuel pump aux. lead(12v to black connector will run pump)
2nd photo, charcoal canister plug, plug it in or you may get a malfunction code in the ecm
3rd photo, that vaccum line may have went to the charcoal canister or the cruise control
4th photo, that looks like the connector for the hall effect sensor if you have a digital dash, if you don't have a digital dash then don't worry about it.
hope that helps.:)

first photo, green is tach lead, black is fuel pump aux. lead(12v to black connector will run pump)
2nd photo, charcoal canister plug, plug it in or you may get a malfunction code in the ecm
3rd photo, that vaccum line may have went to the charcoal canister or the cruise control
4th photo, that looks like the connector for the hall effect sensor if you have a digital dash, if you don't have a digital dash then don't worry about it.
hope that helps.:)

1. So what is the tach lead for? My stock knight rider tach works....is it for tuning/diagnostic or something? Should I hook it up somewhere?

Thanks for all the help.

1. So what is the tach lead for? My stock knight rider tach works....is it for tuning/diagnostic or something? Should I hook it up somewhere?

Thanks for all the help.

Leave it alone. If you want to run an aftermarket tach, you can hook it to this lead. If you hook the tach to this lead, it must be able to pick up a 5v square wave signal or you buy the module from Casper's so you can use any tach.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I hooked my Sun mini-tach to it, works fine. Probably there from the factory for diagnostic purposes.

2. So this one was found unplugged, car ran fine until the maf died. This is the vacuum canister correct? It's on the driver's side...under the air filter. Should I plug it in?

IMG_0628.jpg

Although the ecm will set no codes with the charcoal cannister unplugged, I'd leave it plugged in for California smog purposes.