End of season results!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
image.jpg
Hey guys, just wanted to give an update. We had our regional SCCA awards banquet the other night and I took 2nd place for the year in E Street Prepared! I'm pretty happy with the results, the guy who came in first never actually beat me, he just made it to more events than i did. I plan on hitting every event this year so maybe we can get a GN in the number 1 spot and shake it up a bit in the SCCA! Those Mustang guys won't know what to do!

Congrats on the achievement and they say you can't autocross a Buick.

What size wheels and tires do you use for the events.

Thanks! I still get weird looks from time to time, but people have realized that the car can hang with the late model stuff in my class which is cool. Believe it or not, I'm using stock 84-85 T-Type wheels and BF Goodrich Rivals in a 225/45/15 size . I'm not thrilled about the tire size but it's all that could work with the stock wheels, and I wanted to see how far I could get with mostly stock stuff before going to bigger wheels. It looks a little goofy with the little tires, but it works!!

Congratulations. Would you share with us what you have done to your GN? Very interested. What was your competition?
Conrad

Thanks! I have the DSE shocks and springs, frame braces, and all else is stock in the suspension. I run little 15" BFG Rivals on 84/85 T Type wheels. Most of the other cars in my class were late model Mustangs, a Ford Maverick that's been in Popular Hot Rodding, an 89 TA, and I think another 4th gen F body or two. There were 10 cars in the class this season.

Let me know if you need any other info! The car is pretty basic, I just drive the snot out of it!