Electronic dash to Gnx style plus map and alky clarification needed.

TomD

I think I'm pretty close to understanding what I need to do but thought someone could shed a little light on the situation.

One of my GNs originally came with an electronic dash that the previous owner swapped for an AVC GNX style dash.

Here is a photo of the current set up where a map sensor would go.

My other GN has a map sensor, vacuum line, and green wire splice to the 3 prong connector so I'm familiar with those components.

What I'm a bit confused about is since the current dash is running off of this brown connector, which is not used by the map setup, is there anything I need to address if I install a map and alky kit???? I know I need to hook the map up, splice 5v power, and T in a vacuum line. The brown connector gets disconnected but is everything already hooked up to the 3 prong connector????

I'm not really sure where the boost gauge is currently getting its reading from.

Thanks!

So the Razor kit comes with a "piggyback" harness that tees into the 5V power supply at the TPS. you won't have to cut or splice into anything. I'm at work, but going off of memory the map sensor will be powered off of that harness and will power your boost gauge. I will check this afternoon when I get home. I personally don't have a working factory boost LED on my digital dash so I can't so for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I guess I should clarify that I'm familiar with the alky kit and mounting the pump, installing the nozzle and all that stuff. My other GN has razors kit with a factory analog dash and aftermarket boost gauge.

What I'm unsure about is since the current dash is using this brown connector, is the 3 prong connector not plugged in to anything???

So the Razor kit comes with a "piggyback" harness that tees into the 5V power supply at the TPS. you won't have to cut or splice into anything. I'm at work, but going off of memory the map sensor will be powered off of that harness and will power your boost gauge. I will check this afternoon when I get home. I personally don't have a working factory boost LED on my digital dash so I can't so for sure

Ok so it sounds like I just hook the map up and disconnect the brown plug as they are both ending up at the boost gauge on the other end of the harness right? Sounds suspiciously too simple haha...

I was worried about the wiring too when I first installed my alky kit last year. It sat in a box for month procrastinating the thought of having to hack a bunch of wires. Boy I was wrong. I did no splicing as Razors kit is truly complete. The biggest issue I had was where to place all the electronics in the dash. Zip ties were my best friend.