electrical gremlins

Now that I have the car together enough to road test. I noticed that when I push the brake pedal the dash lights and park lights come on while braking. Has one one had this problem before or have any suggestions?

Not familiar with the wiring of the headlight switch/brake lights/dash lights per se. Just never had to mess with it in any of the cars I have had. But from an electrical standpoint, sounds as if you have a feed or switch leg reversed that, of course, involves your brake switch. Would look up the schematic and start with those two areas first.

Was thinking on it some more: I had said reversed and while that IS possible, wouldn't make much sense because who really screws with the factory lighting much? Unless you redid the dash or something. Anyway, what would make sense is the switchleg for the dash and brake lights are not reversed, but either in the switch or out in the chassis are making contact with the brake light hot. Same area and same schematic, just looking for something a little different. Bad switch? Insulation rubbed away and making contact? You know your car and what areas were disturbed better than I.

I have seen where a ground is lost and backfeeds through the circuit causing problems. HTH