Electric fan stopped working

New fan wiring diagram Scan 12.jpeg Factory fan wiring diagram. fullsizeoutput_a8.jpeg

I got rid of the high speed fan relay, Fan delay relay, The Power Disaster relay, the coolant fan Temp. switch and all associated wiring and the wiring going to the high pressure side of the A/C high pressure switch.

It's an Intrepid dual fan setup. Each fan has 2 windings. When either of them are powered the fans run on low, when both are powered the fans run on high. I have them wired so the low speed fan relay powers both windings on both fans so they're either high or off. It would be easy enough to run a switch from the battery to the fan relay for manual operation but I haven't had any problems the way it is.

I got a chance to finish off the connections on the fan. I got new relay connectors, high and low and a new connector for the fan, male and female from Casper's. These plugs are really good. soldered everything, and i even reinstalled the resistor, and brought it back to stock. I still have the Kirban fan switch the connects to the a/c circuit to manually run the fan. Every thing runs great, and my fan issues are done. We are really fortunate to have a supplier like Casper's to help keep theses old cars running, they are the best.
Thanks again for all the info you guys gave me, I hope this might help some one else some day.

Dave
87 gn

Yes, the big connector hanging on the fan shroud. Casper's has an exact replacement for both sides of the plug, and it installed very easily. Very nice stuff. Fan runs correctly, and I still have the Kirban switch for manual use.

Dave