EGT needle dances when lights are on

oneslobuick

I have an Auto Meter Pro Comp Ultra Lite EGT Guage and when ever I turn the headlights on the needle starts to Shake. I Have the guage wired completly seperate from the guage lights I have even isolated the ground wire, but no change.

Any Ideas:confused:

I had (have) the same problem. I took the guage out of the pod to make sure the leads wernt touching. I re-did the ground and solved the problem, but it came back recently. My guage gets all whacked out when I have the sub bumpin ;)

leads are not touching, I even removed one of the sensor wires and the needle still twitches when the lights are on. Do I need a shielded power and ground wire or something???

I dont know I have the same problem as you. I think they are real touchy about the voltage being supplied to it. I have mine tapped into the IGN on the fuse box. Maybe sheilded wires would work better :confused:

I was having a problem similar. and mine is wired independant of everything but some electrical inputs seemed to make it crazy, it actually turned out to be a bad buld believe it or not, it had done this for at least a year, changed teh bulb, and havnt had a problem yet

I Noticed something today, The needle drops below 0 when the turn signal is illumanated then back to the proper temp when TS is off (between Flashes) also when the brakes are pressed the needle shakes the same as if the lights are on.