EGR not working after chip change

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I just changed to an extender chip and now all of a sudden when i run turbolink and start cruising...EGR % shows 0 all the time...blm is stuck at 160 at idle and integrator at 128 or around there...when i cruise both numbers are around 128

i put in a brand new egr valve and gasket even with the old chip and the % was always in the high 30's during cruise...what happened? i made sure the connection and vacuum lines going to that area were connected...

Thats right. I believe Bob uses the EGR area for extra code. I believe the thrashers did this as well

oh great so i will have to get a custom chip for emissions testing then since this is the only chip i am using correct?

Unless your state, like NJ, has some sort of special test for low mileage or other special interest vehicles, yes.

In NJ we have 2 special designations. Low mileage (Under 10K miles in 2 years) receives a 2500rpm test (No NOx) and collector car (under 5000 in 2 years) gets no inspection at all, safety OR emissions)

You should chec out your state

another GN in Rockaway! never seen you around! anyway, a chevy buddy of mine told me that removing an egr could cause pinging....not sure of the rhyme or reason to that but whatevs. all I know is that mine was all glogged up and wasn't doin a damn thing.

just got mine, currently under construction. I'm in White Meadow Lake. it should be back on the road in a couple weeks though. maybe we can go out for a cruise, don't really know any of the local cars myself.