egr bypass?

i unplugged the large line to the solenoid thing to test mine, turns out it was bad

it was weird. it would only seem to do it on the highway as far as I could tell. you would give it some throttle and it would buck and sputter, sometimes worse than others. everyone said it couldnt be the egr valve, but it was only when it was hot and intermittently. so I unplugged the line feeding the solenoid and it stopped doing it. I put in my block off plate last night and come to find out, the gasket was also half blown out.

is there anyway to bypass egr or disconnect to see if it's any good?

with the car running, you should be able to put your hand underneath the diaphragm and the car should almost stall out....mine was plugged up with carbon into the intake....tt chip disables it, so problem solved for me

thanks

it was weird. it would only seem to do it on the highway as far as I could tell. you would give it some throttle and it would buck and sputter, sometimes worse than others. everyone said it couldnt be the egr valve, but it was only when it was hot and intermittently. so I unplugged the line feeding the solenoid and it stopped doing it. I put in my block off plate last night and come to find out, the gasket was also half blown out.

That sounds exactly like my problem. I'll change it out.

oh and it would go lean on the air fuel gauge when it was acting up so seeming like an intermittent vacuum leak the egr was my first step, and fortunately last

oh and it would go lean on the air fuel gauge when it was acting up so seeming like an intermittent vacuum leak the egr was my first step, and fortunately last

did you have to match up your old one? They list a couple different ones for our cars I was going to pick one up on my way home but the parts store is asking for the vin on egr???

I unplugged the hose going to the solenoid, if you unplug the egr and still have the solenoid connected when it opens it will just leak vacuum. so pull the line going into the black box thing, the upper hose can stay attatched