ECU-GN and Bison Experience So Far...

SpeedRacerX

Wanted to give a positive shout out to Brian (Bison) for all his help to date. Not only did he help me spec and provide a load of parts for my upcoming build but I also got the ecu-gn from him and we did the startup tune and drive around learning yesterday. Brian is great, has amazing patience with all my question and the tune is spot on so far.

I'll share some pix of the prep work I did before Brian tuned. Replaced the LS1 MAF and translator with a full pipe from Earl Brown. Swapped in new transducers for fuel pressure and oil pressure - awesome harness from Caspers that plugs both of these into the EGR harness. Extended the MAT sensor with another cool piece from Caspers. Drilled and tapped the plenum for the MAT sensor and the MAP tube. You'll notice a brass plug where I mistakenly drilled. Oh well. Drilled the downpipe for the O2 bung and sensor. Ran the O2 wire and the MAP tube through the firewall under the glovebox. I might be missing some steps. A little time but nothing too difficult.

I'm still cleaning things up, removing gauges and correcting things which is why the car is still slightly torn apart.

Did the tune yesterday with Brian. Piece of cake. 30 minutes. Car starts and idles perfect. Drove around for about a half hour in learning mode and the car was smooth. Never hunted for rpm or surged or got confused. It's running smoother than ever.

Big thanks to Brian. Thank you to Eric and everyone for bringing this to market. Thank you to Bob for answering my scanmaster-g and gauge questions. More to do to enable all the safety features but I'll wait till the heads, cam, etc work is done to really do some WOT or Dyno tuning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pix of the prep work for the ecu-gn.
20190425_164527.jpg
20190425_164536.jpg
20190425_164540.jpg
20190425_164553.jpg
20190425_164557.jpg
20190425_164618.jpg
20190425_164633.jpg
20190426_151646.jpg

Just can't get a Comp Cam. They are way backed up. Only thing I'm waiting on.

Gotta love when a plan comes together. Are we gonna get to see all your hard work at Kirbans on the 4th?

Yep, custom grind them for Mike @ T/A Performance.
Spoke to Crower and TA. They only make them with the odd fire nose and not the normal even fire nose with the big gear ground in. This is more work which I'm not willing to do at this time. For Lou, I'm sure it's a piece of cake.

dont want to jump in and take this over but has anyone heard anything from comp im waiting on one too
Spoke to Comp yesterday but I am getting conflicting stories. Guy from Comp said 50 roller cores will be in next week and all their cam orders will be ground and shipped in May BUT.... I heard from another source that they are backed up by 100s of cams for our cars so I don't think the guy at Comp was correct.

Spoke to Comp yesterday but I am getting conflicting stories. Guy from Comp said 50 roller cores will be in next week and all their cam orders will be ground and shipped in May BUT.... I heard from another source that they are backed up by 100s of cams for our cars so I don't think the guy at Comp was correct.

I got a cam blank from comp like 4 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

howed you do that i want one
spoke to fts they told me that comp said the same thing to them