ECM voltage reading

dadmomcat

i'm back on the GN that die, it is the same old story, no start. Measuring voltage at B5, i'm getting 2.5 volts with switch on and will bounce around a little when cranking. New crank sensor installed and set up. Also new plug at crank sensor and wiring. NEW coil and ECM and ignition module.

All blade fuses checked ok, Voltage reading with key on read in their rating except B5 and B7 was 4 volts and no reading D5 bypass read zero instead of 4,56 volts,

Installed Caspers sensor check, key on, all three LED nice blue color, crank motor over, crank sensor LED stared blinking, but not the cam sensor LED..... not sure if this is correct.

Any help, would be very helpful, car has not been running for 10 years now. When car quite coming home from work, did all the checks and nothing, purchase another car for work.

THANK.

The cam signal should blink as well. Removed the cam sensor cap and verify the wheel spins when you turn the engine over.

with no cam sensor signal, the ignition module will not sync, therefore no crank signals to the ECM, therefore no fuel. (or spark)

B

Wheel w
The cam signal should blink as well. Removed the cam sensor cap and verify the wheel spins when you turn the engine over.
wheel was not turning while cranking motor over. Can i get away with just replacing new wheel and new cap instead of complete cam sensor assembly.
thanks TurboBuRick.

Hey no problem. Glad to help.
More than likely you have a broken timing chain or all the teeth are gone on the upper gear. Does the motor spin real fast when you turn it over?

Hey no problem. Glad to help.
More than likely you have a broken timing chain or all the teeth are gone on the upper gear. Does the motor spin real fast when you turn it over?
full battery charge, motor does not really turn over that fast. New timing chain installed less than 2000 miles ago. While I'm in the area, I can look into the timing chain condition.
Car just stop running one day, no back fire or and signs of motor going bad. it acted like someone pull out the orange wire from the ECM.

Pull the cam sensor, inspect gear and all that but do a quick compression test on #1 cylinder first.

Unplug the module while doing compression check.

Have you checked out the actual fuseable links that are the main power feeds to the whole car? They are on your starter and are very close to your hot headers .ive seen so many issues that have been resolved by new fuseable links .

Are you sure the cam sensor is tightened down? It's hard to see in there, maybe it isn't all the way down in the hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have a feeling new cam may have eaten the cam
sensor gear
Billet cam? Highly unlikely on a stock style cam set-up.
The pin on the cam sensor gear may have sheared though.

full battery charge, motor does not really turn over that fast. . . . .
This should be addressed. Bad or mediocre battery/cable/starter conditions are "no bueno" on these cars.

ECM needs to see XXX RPM to fire the injectors (?) @TurboBob ??

Billet cam? Highly unlikely on a stock style cam set-up.
The pin on the cam sensor gear may have sheared though.

This should be addressed. Bad or mediocre battery/cable/starter conditions are "no bueno" on these cars.

ECM needs to see XXX RPM to fire the injectors (?) @TurboBob ??

min rpm is really really really slow, so thats not going to be a factor.

cam sensor wheel not turning is his issue, either the little drive tang at the top, or the roll pin at the bottom.

Bob

min rpm is really really really slow, so thats not going to be a factor.

cam sensor wheel not turning is his issue, either the little drive tang at the top, or the roll pin at the bottom.

Bob
So far the cam sensor window is not turning when cranking the motor over. Removed window to look over the tab, not broken. This week end will pull cam sensor out and hope cam sensor gears are not chew up, also check pins in dist gear. Next step may require to remove front timing chain cover to view cam gear and timing gear. Both cam and timing gear are not that old. low mileage. Any one had issue with comp cam and cam sensor gars not matching up or lack of oil ?

Thanks for all the input, great to have help.

Thanks I will check.
I solved the problem with no start. removed cam sensor, the gear pin was broken. replace with new cam sensor, set up the sensor, started on first twist of the key. i has luck with gear staying on shaft when removing the old sensor.

thanks for all the help.