EBL SFI-6 install & tuning thread

34blazer

EBL in box.jpg
Just received the Dynamic EFI SFI-6 today(thanks BobR). So I will keep all the pics, videos, tuning Q's in here. Will also be using an MTX-L wideband. Going to get started on re-pinning the harness in a few.

Attachments

• 100_1398.JPG
    100_1398.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 423
  • 100_1399.JPG
    100_1399.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 416
Last edited:
For the most part the ECM connectors have been re-pinned, and added the 3rd connector. Only took about an hour an a half, just need to plug in the MAP1&2 wires, WBO2 output, and Efan high speed wire. When I was routing the wires for the 3 bar map, I found a little rats nest that needed to be cleaned up. More pics tomorrow, ran out of daylight and the garage lighting sucks.

Attachments

• 100_1406.JPG
    100_1406.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 338
  • 100_1416.JPG
    100_1416.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 342
  • 100_1417.JPG
    100_1417.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 325
1 Bar and 3 Bar MAP wired and mounted, just need to swing by the parts store and grab some Vac/BST lines. Still need to run the high speed fan wire, hook up the WBO2, and Tach.

Attachments

• 100_1423.JPG
    100_1423.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 316
  • 100_1424.JPG
    100_1424.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 334
  • 100_1425.JPG
    100_1425.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 310
Glad to see you got started. I have all my parts, I Will get on mine in a month or so.

Found another rats nest under the dash, a little bit of a set back since some wires had no home and others were terminated incorrectly. Found the Loud pedal was tweaked bad enough to not even open the throttle half way, had to bend it back. Wideband controller is wired up, just need to route the cable from the sensor. Removed the Accel 36#/hr injectors in favor of some Bosch design III 42#/hr injectors for now. Found one of the ears has been broken off the upper plenum. Just hardwired the WBO2 output to ADC channel 0. More pics later....
100_1432.JPG
100_1433.JPG
100_1439.JPG
100_1438.JPG
100_1452.JPG
100_1444.JPG
100_1447.JPG
100_1450.JPG
100_1451.JPG
100_1430.JPG

Since my nose is in the books(or supposed to be) right now, paying for the converted ECM is a small price to pay for the time.

1 Bar and 3 Bar MAP wired and mounted, just need to swing by the parts store and grab some Vac/BST lines. Still need to run the high speed fan wire, hook up the WBO2, and Tach.

Not sure how I missed this thread, but anyway, there appears to be a check valve in line with the 1-bar MAP. If it is really a filter that should be OK, but not a check valve. If so it needs to be removed.

RemoveBeforeFlight

@RmvBfrFlght

Was able to flash the EBL successfully, fired the engine and it quickly stalled. Noticed the ECM was receiving NO voltage from the MAP sensors(in the datastream), tested the circuits and they seem to function normally. I thought about it more and remembered something. I didn't create two circuits because I wanted to verify something. Anyway, moved pin at A12 to A12, but didn't add the ground to B9. I wanted to make sure since the wiring diagram shows Mag VSS shares that circuit, if used. Also, moved C16 to C16, but left B1 open, Im thinking that the ECM needs that redundant power for complete operation? Also removed check valve from 1 Bar MAP, don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Pins C16 and B1 are tied together inside of the ECM. It is best to use both but not mandatory.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Pins C16 and B1 are tied together inside of the ECM. It is best to use both but not mandatory.

RemoveBeforeFlight

What about adding the ECM ground to B9, as the pinout states? I will double check the MAP/MAP2 signals at the EBL after work.

Don't believe I have B9 connected either. I do have B1 connected, can't say if that has anything to do with your problem though.

Last edited:
Im going to measure the MAP signal at the EBL, and also double check the pins are in the right location. If all checks out I will connect 12 volts to B1

DUH. I had both MAP signal wires connected to E14/15, instead of F14/15. The 1 Bar MAP isn't functioning properly, wont run with it enabled, so switched it to use the 3 bar, have a spare to try but I may have pissed off the neighbors tonight, LOL. Video uploading.

What about adding the ECM ground to B9, as the pinout states? I will double check the MAP/MAP2 signals at the EBL after work.

You can add the ground, this was removed from the re-pin guide as it is confusing. That pin along with most of the other grounds are all tied together in the ECM. The O2 sensor ground is one that is not connected to the others. Pin B9 is typically used as a ground reference for a magnetic VSS, which is why it gets confusing with it being pinned to ground.

Adding more ground wires between the ECM and engine block are a good thing. Although not easy to do with the stock ECM harness.

Engine runs well, sounds good.

RemoveBeforeFlight

DUH. I had both MAP signal wires connected to E14/15, instead of F14/15. The 1 Bar MAP isn't functioning properly, wont run with it enabled, so switched it to use the 3 bar, have a spare to try but I may have pissed off the neighbors tonight, LOL. Video uploading.
I have issue with the 1 bar and have disabled it .at this time just running 3 bar. i am getting a "ses" light let me know what you find. i have not had chance to look into it.

From what I could see while trying to keep the engine running, PE mode was constantly toggling on and off, the MAP sensor seemed to read out correctly though. The 1 bar MAP I was using was from my '86 Fiero, which I think was on its way out, even tried it on my Blazer project last year and it was acting the same way. I have a spare that I am going to try later after work. I still need to wrap up the exhaust and then plug in the wideband to start some VE table tuning. Hopefully in 3-4 days I can get it out on the street for some shake downs.

@RmvBfrFlght , I dont recall seeing a flag/bit to activate the WG solenoid. I will also double check that later (after work) since I dont have the link for the XDF item description page here at work. Based on initial testing, do you think it can function at this time?