eBay Scam - 2003 ZO6 - buy it now for $15K ?

V8_bait

calm as Hindu cows
Sorry in advance if this is a repost...

Here is the auction

Ph # disconnected, auction says Oregon - but the seller says it's in Italy?

Here is the e-mail I recieved....

Hello,
First you have to know that the car is available on eBay but first I will need a proof of your seriousity and that you are available to pay anytime so you need is to be agree with my condition stated below and the car will be yours.
The price includes shipping and insurance fees.
1.SHIPMENT:
I am currently located in Italy and the car will be shipped from here by sea with the cargo ship in a container to your nearest port so for that I ask you to locate your nearest port with sea access and let me know which one is it, the usualy transit time for such a transportation is 7-8 days, a deposit of 999$ must be sent prior to shipping.
2. PAYMENT:
I'm a serious seller with experience in this field. I'm a fair trader with a good feedback on eBay which is the proof that l have closed a lot of successful deals.
You will arrange payment through wired transfer (www.westernunion.com).
All you have to do is go to www.westernunion.com and find an local agent near you were you have to go and send the funds or you can send the deposit online with your credit card at www.westernunion.com
3.INSURANCE
The car will be insured at the delivery service and insured for the transport.
4.RETURN POLICY
As soon as the car arrives, you will test the car and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 7 days since the arrival date. In this case I will send you the full amount back and you will send me the car in the original container and you don't have to pay the return shipping and insurance.
5.In the 7 days inspection perioud you decide to buy the car send the remainig balance and our deal will be completed.
If this will be ok with you just email back with your info and tell me what info you need more about the car and the transaction and you will have it .

Sincerely hope to do the transaction.

Seriousity? is that even a real word? To be honest, whoever is foolish enough to send off 999$ [sic] deserves to lose it.

I thought it was a bit funny - just thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

I bet that somehow someone got this guys account info on eBay with good feedback and then the scammer wants the funds sent elsewhere.

Sad scam artists are everywhere.

-Mark

Wow - that didn't take long. I reported the auction to eBay security and asked them to look into it. Glad to see it didn't last.

I saw an auction like that once, obviously a scam. It was for a Shelby Cobra kit car; the pictures were beautiful, had show car quality engine...everything..., for a buy it now price of 10,000 or something.
I emailed the seller who said the car was in Germany and I should use Western Union to wire the money.
I replied that I have relatives in Germany and they would come look at the car with cash in hand to buy - if it was actually all the eBay auction said it was.
I never heard back.

According to the VIN he listed, that car had been serviced in TX on 4/4/04 with about 139 miles. Car had been sold in TX late 2/04. That thing moved overseas pretty fast.