ebay problem, anyone with advice?

dsapper

So I sold the radio out of my Grand National on ebay, this is the listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261021556847?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649#ht_500wt_950

It clearly states that there is no refunds. He elected not to purchase shipping insurance. So I packed the item very well with bubble wrap and sent it to the winning bidder.

I get an email today that the stereo doesn't work and he wants a full refund. I know for a fact it worked when it left me, what am I supposed to do?! I don't want the guy to be screwed, but at the same time I don't want to get screwed myself. Any advice?

did you leave any distinguishable marks on the radio? he might try to send back his non working radio in stead of the one you shipped him.

Thats actually something I'm worried about. Not really, maybe I have some photo's somewhere with marks I'd notice, hmmm

I'm in the middle of issue similar to this but I'm the buyer, not the seller. I hate Ebay and keep telling myself not to use it. I know my friend that does alot of ebaying puts a mark or writes down the serial number on stuff he sells b/c that has happened to him.

I actually have really good luck with ebay, buying and selling. This one just stinks a little, you know?

In short, you are probably screwed. E-bay and Pay-pal are one in the same. If a dispute is filed it takes an act of congress to win if you are the seller. They ALWAYS side with the buyer. I was told up one of the Pay-pal reps that supervisors (one who review disputes) in these cases say the buy gets there product back and the buyer gets there $$ back so everyone should be happy?? WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT!!! The reason I know this is I had a Pay-pal dispute with a buyer here. He claimed, " Not as described" (the great catch all). I submitted my items evidence (showing what he got is the only one made), and even talked to a rep. She agreed it was buyer remorse and he should have asked more questions. He sumbitted NO EVIDENCE!!! After 30 days it was finally ruled in my favor. I leave to go on vacation and 10 days later come back to find the $$ removed from my account, and a NEW dispute filed, reviewed, and reversed in HIS FAVOR!! I called Pay-pal and asked them how this happened when it stated all disputes findings are final? Let alone in a 10 day turn around?? They said all claims and finding can be disputed by the buyer but not the seller. So the buyer can keep asking and asking til it goes there way??? And the fact it was "not as described" means they have to return and then they WILL get there $$ refunded. So I'm guessing that E-bay will bill your account or if you used Pay-pal they will just go in and lock up the funds.
Sorry for the bad news but this was the facts in my case.

Good times... Thats about what I've seen researching it online. Guess I'll stick to the forum for selling from now on bah

Been buying and selling on eBay for years. I have a direct 1-800 number to an eBay rep I've been selling so long on there. Knock on wood no major issues for me. I had one guy try to screw me years ago over $32 bucks, but after I sent him a picture of a plane ticket to the air port near him to "settle the dispute in person as I'm that kinda guy" he went away and dropped it all.

Few problems here with your issue. Your auction seems a little off center to start. A GN with concert sound only comes with the EQ radio. You found your way on the forum here and you should have posted or asked that on here before you listed it to get that issue out of the way and list your radio properly. When I see a description that has key words in the description like "I don't know" "I'm not sure" "I was told" "I have to take someone else's word" the BS flag goes up at least for me on the sellers end. It's very possible a 25 some year old radio could die in shipment from being bounced around in a UPS truck. The buyer also may not know much about GN's and thought that radio would work with his concert sound and when he hooked it up it don't so he's calling it dead to him. Like others stated eBay is not on your side in any event. They will just take the money away and lean towards the buyer. At this point I would just take the radio back and have it tested somewhere to make sure it's in working order. Tell him you'll refund him if he pays for the ride back. Most people will do that as I've done it in the past. You can also request all your eBay and Paypal fee's back. Then after the radio is checked out you could relist it in working order and maybe snap a few pics of it hooked up and working.

Good points. I really should have done more research, the car has the concert sound door panels, thats all I knew about it as far as the stereo goes. I'll offer the refund if he ships it back.

Thanks for everyones help

Just trying to be honest and try to help you with the least pain with this deal. I mean the buyer could be a total dick and he's just out to screw you over as much as he can. But hey things break and stuff happens. I've always had good results telling them to pay for the ride back and I'll refund when I have product back in hand. Typically eBay and Paypal will work with you when you do this as well. Just tell him to make sure there is a tracking number on the package or you'll wind up with one of those deals where he says he shipped it and never did and that can go around for months that game. Of course don't refund the money till you have it back in hand. Like the guys said always make sure you get a shot of the serial number or some markings so you know it was yours. You might also get a used broken radio in the mail that's not even the one you sold. Another thing I've seen people do and you might have this happen, they are hoping you'll say just keep the radio and I'll refund all your money or most of it. Meanwhile there is nothing wrong with the radio they just feel they over paid for it now that they have it in hand. I've seen that many times. Someone just fishing for a better deal on what they think they over paid for. So making him send it back helps stop all that crap as well. Just like anywhere else there are some good honest people out there and there are some low life scum just trying to rip people off. Keep posting with your progress. I would not even be surprised if the buyer is a member here!!

You'll get it back and it will work fine...then you'll realize...He's a DumbAss...

I sold a guitar years ago to a kid. His parents got pissed and made him tell me he needed his money back. When I asked why, he said "it doesnt play right." He came over and handed it to me...I played the shit out of it, in front of him. He looked at me and said,"I havent learned to play yet, so it doesnt play like that for me." I gave him his $$$ back and told him to "Follow the yellow brick road...at the end is a guy who will give you a brain!!!" True story.

:D

You'll get it back and it will work fine...then you'll realize...He's a DumbAss...

I sold a guitar years ago to a kid. His parents got pissed and made him tell me he needed his money back. When I asked why, he said "it doesnt play right." He came over and handed it to me...I played the shit out of it, in front of him. He looked at me and said,"I havent learned to play yet, so it doesnt play like that for me." I gave him his $$$ back and told him to "Follow the yellow brick road...at the end is a guy who will give you a brain!!!" True story.

:D

Should have just pulled one of these on him... and I know you know who this is! ;)

WHO%2BIS%2BEL%2BKABONG%2B4.png

I took your advice, I emailed him and said if he shipped it back to me I'd refund his money. Easiest way I guess. I'll keep the post updated with what happens, I'll bet $20 it works too

How did you ship it? FedEx and UPS cover up to $100 automatically so if they did damage it, you're covered .

Peter

A GN with concert sound only comes with the EQ radio.
Not true, mine had a bass/treble/cassette radio and has concert sound. I have upgraded the radio since to an EQ but it was basic originally.

Not true, mine had a bass/treble/cassette radio and has concert sound. I have upgraded the radio since to an EQ but it was basic originally.

I'll have to ask Kirban on that one. Not saying it's impossible but as far as I know concert sound meant you got the EQ radio in the RPO codes I've never seen it any other way. Then again the quality control was horrible in the late 80's. Did you buy this car new?

696 said:
In short, you are probably screwed. E-bay and Pay-pal are one in the same. If a dispute is filed it takes an act of congress to win if you are the seller. They ALWAYS side with the buyer. I was told up one of the Pay-pal reps that supervisors (one who review disputes) in these cases say the buy gets there product back and the buyer gets there $$ back so everyone should be happy?? WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT!!! The reason I know this is I had a Pay-pal dispute with a buyer here. He claimed, " Not as described" (the great catch all). I submitted my items evidence (showing what he got is the only one made), and even talked to a rep. She agreed it was buyer remorse and he should have asked more questions. He sumbitted NO EVIDENCE!!! After 30 days it was finally ruled in my favor. I leave to go on vacation and 10 days later come back to find the $$ removed from my account, and a NEW dispute filed, reviewed, and reversed in HIS FAVOR!! I called Pay-pal and asked them how this happened when it stated all disputes findings are final? Let alone in a 10 day turn around?? They said all claims and finding can be disputed by the buyer but not the seller. So the buyer can keep asking and asking til it goes there way??? And the fact it was "not as described" means they have to return and then they WILL get there $$ refunded. So I'm guessing that E-bay will bill your account or if you used Pay-pal they will just go in and lock up the funds.
Sorry for the bad news but this was the facts in my case.

As long as paypal make money from tour sale, they can give a rats arse about you. Even if the buyer states that the package was damaged in shipping. I think you you need to take a trip, since you has an address and whip someones ass. Ebay/paypal wont help ya. Sorry man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

No I did not buy new. My car had 3 mods: a mystery chip, 9" K&N and a hole by the dash dimmer where an aftermarket alarm had been removed.

I am second owner of my 87 it also has concert sound with non eq radio, have original radio with owners name when he had it repaired when right side speakers stopped working. Recently bought eq radio to install