East Coast GN guys have it easy

You know why a bunch of us wouldn't go to that show again! Ask Allan.

I figured you'd comment on this Mark . Yes , I know exactly what unfolded ,heck they refused me with my TTA !!!!! But after this past year they are starting to realize that the TR's ARE a part of Buick . I had a lengthy conversation with a club officer who is basically telling the club they can't be refusing TR's from coming , and if they want to have a good turn out of cars at this show , they had better welcome them to attend , and also have a class for TR's . They didn't refuse me or the GN from coming in .
It just sucks that we have a large amount of TR's here in the tri state area , and would be great to have a bunch come , not so much for the sake of the show , but more of a TR get together . I'll go again , hopefully more TR's go or at least try to make an attempt .

I figured you'd comment on this Mark . Yes , I know exactly what unfolded ,heck they refused me with my TTA !!!!! But after this past year they are starting to realize that the TR's ARE a part of Buick . I had a lengthy conversation with a club officer who is basically telling the club they can't be refusing TR's from coming , and if they want to have a good turn out of cars at this show , they had better welcome them to attend , and also have a class for TR's . They didn't refuse me or the GN from coming in .
It just sucks that we have a large amount of TR's here in the tri state area , and would be great to have a bunch come , not so much for the sake of the show , but more of a TR get together . I'll go again , hopefully more TR's go or at least try to make an attempt .
Wait a minute! Let me get this strait.

Are you saying that TRs were not shown hospitable welcoming at an all Buick show? And also,TTAs were not welcomed at a all?

WHAT THE F*CK !!!! Who the hell are these people? What planet are they from?

Wait a minute! Let me get this strait.

Are you saying that TRs were not shown hospitable welcoming at an all Buick show? And also,TTAs were not welcomed at a all?

WHAT THE F*CK !!!! Who the hell are these people? What planet are they from?
Something along those lines .

I've been to shows here in Michigan where my T was the only turbo Buick. The last couple shows some guy brought his GN or his GNX clone. Remember this is the state our cars were built in!

Last edited:
Was that the show in Wallingford? Some of us aren't out in our cars because they were broken! My car was down for 2 years. I'll be back out this season with my GN ready to play!

Last edited:
I never plan to see a lot of TRs at local shows. I've come to understand that everyone knows I am "The One". I'm OK with that. There is on occasions a few pure stockers owned by older gentleman that keep them low mileage and show up from time to time. Nice guys they are, but not interested in talking much about upgrades or performance modifications.

But if I traveled a long distance to support an all Buick car show or cruise and found I wasn't welcomed to participate....................
Going against my usual mild manner nature, I'm afraid I would do something stupid to get myself hurt or arrested.

Well our cars are AT LEAST 30 years old, don't see why they would have a problem allowing TR's into a BUICK classic car show. The only reason I can come up with is they don't like us because our lowly Regals are more popular then their even older 'classics', and getting more popular by the day, but I digress.......

Wow! I was there about 3 or 4 years ago, and the TRs were the most in attendance. The old geezers must have lost their damn minds!

Every part I need for my GN is listed on Craig's list on the east coast. Everything is cheap to. Seats, engines, taillights, rare old school go fast parts. You need they got it.
Why were so many GNs sold on the east coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my thinking is the Mayflower didn't land in California

Every part I need for my GN is listed on Craig's list on the east coast. Everything is cheap to. Seats, engines, taillights, rare old school go fast parts. You need they got it.
Why were so many GNs sold on the east coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back in '86 there were 4 GM plants in the Buffalo , Rochester NY area . Also our GM discount was sizable @ 18% off on Turbo Buicks . I worked at Delco Products then and probably "sold" 5 turbo cars after one ride in my '86 GN . My fully loaded astro roof GN cost me $14900 . I know a guy who bought 2 . He had one delivered to his house unregistered just to stash away the other to drive . He worked at GM also . I bought a cloned HyperTech chip from him . Funny , they got a Hyper Tech chip and copied it in the electronics lab at work for 50 cents each , then sold it for $100 ( half price ) . I came across the chip cloning equipment in the Electronics Lab that my wife ran while she was there . Sam

Last edited:
Most of the GNs on the east coast were stolen, that's why!:eek: Including mine.

Bruce '87 Grand National
Mine was stolen in NYC 2 months after my bother bought it from me . It was parked in front of his house in the afternoon !!

Here's the scoop on that show. We had a pretty good group of guys a few years ago and met up on the pike many times. Even had a couple get togethers at Miguel Morales place while he was still in CT.

Some of us went to that show with really nice cars and were basically ignored when it came to trophy time. These days I don't even care about getting trophies, just like to hang out and shoot the breeze. It was mainly how they gave trophies to all their club members and not to any of our cars. What really stood out was one GN that won. Was one of their member's car and looked like it was left outside since new with the hood up all the time. Leaves, acorns all over under the hood. Guess our feelings were hurt.

Last edited:
I think we need another local show again of our own. Maybe we can get something going for this summer just to get all the local guys together.

I tried a few times at my place of work and never got a great turnout. Last one we did have a GNX, a twin turbo T and my GN. Granted mother nature was never our friend but ended up pulling the plug after the last one we had.

Here's the scoop on that show. We had a pretty good group of guys a few years ago and met up on the pike a many times. Even had a couple get togethers at Miguel Morales place while he was still in CT.

Some of us went to that show with really nice cars and were basically ignored when it came to trophy time... It was mainly how they gave trophies to all their club members and not to any of our cars. What really stood out was one GN that won that looked like it was left outside since new with the hood up all the time...

Hmmm...typical "Popular Vote" o_O results for "non-members" :eek: throughout the hobby from what I've heard and seen over the years :rolleyes:
It never feels good to see or hear these kinda results.

I tried a few times at my place of work and never got a great turnout. Last one we did have a GNX, a twin turbo T and my GN. Granted mother nature was never our friend but ended up pulling the plug after the last one we had.
Mark, for what it's worth, I enjoyed myself. I also enjoyed the ride up the Merrit Parkway. It was a nice day.

In my immediate area in Central MD there are about a dozen +/- cars that I know get driven, but otherwise you just don't see them. Usually at local shows I'm the only Buick. Once in awhile a GS or Riviera show up. Went to a GM show at King Buick GMC in Gaithersburg once, expecting to be the only one and a low mile GNX showed up. Most of the time the cars, especially T's, go unnoticed. Actually get more interest in my car at the local Cars and Coffee when it's parked among Lambos and Ferrari's. More unbiased opinions in that atmosphere since no one is fighting over a trophy. Problem is when you allow participant judging people just vote for their friends or club members.

I'm from Ct also , there are a lot of TR's here , but yet last Aug at an all Buick show ,they mixed me in with the Buick Musclecar class. Myself and a GN were there , that's sad !!!!.View attachment 297324
Is that Wallingford Buick? Went there a few years ago and only 2 gn's they told me going in that club didn't like gn's so I'm done