East Coast GN guys have it easy

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
Every part I need for my GN is listed on Craig's list on the east coast. Everything is cheap to. Seats, engines, taillights, rare old school go fast parts. You need they got it.
Why were so many GNs sold on the east coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the population density is far greater there.

Most of the GNs on the east coast were stolen, that's why!:eek: Including mine.

Bruce '87 Grand National

i live in Boston, and i don't find that to be so at all!
You don't get out much do you?:)

All kidding aside...........
If anyone in the northeast feels that these cars are "few and far between," than understand how rare it must be for others TR owners around the country to run into each other.

Just google earth some of the TR performance shops in the northeast and look at their parking lots! Black cars seen from space!

Actually, there's a good reason for why there are so many here on the east coast. The economy was good here when the Turbo Regals were new. Dealerships were buying trailer loads of TR's from other dealers across the country as they couldn't fill the orders fast enough. There was a time when while driving you would pass a TR a dozen times a day here. But NOW, I rarely see them here in CT. In fact, last summer I probably saw a FEW on the road all summer. Most likely because the CT economy is in the toilet and many sold there cars to stay afloat. I know personally, my brother, and 2 brother-in-law sold there TR's in the last 5 years alone. I'm the lone holdout, LOL. And mines NOT going anywhere........;)

Actually, there's a good reason for why there are so many here on the east coast. The economy was good here when the Turbo Regals were new. Dealerships were buying trailer loads of TR's from other dealers across the country as they couldn't fill the orders fast enough. There was a time when while driving you would pass a TR a dozen times a day here. But NOW, I rarely see them here in CT. In fact, last summer I probably saw a FEW on the road all summer. Most likely because the CT economy is in the toilet and many sold there cars to stay afloat. I know personally, my brother, and 2 brother-in-law sold there TR's in the last 5 years alone. I'm the lone holdout, LOL. And mines NOT going anywhere........;)

I'm from Ct also , there are a lot of TR's here , but yet last Aug at an all Buick show ,they mixed me in with the Buick Musclecar class. Myself and a GN were there , that's sad !!!!.
x 17 e.JPG

Last edited:
You don't get out much do you?:)

All kidding aside...........
If anyone in the northeast feels that these cars are "few and far between," than understand how rare it must be for others TR owners around the country to run into each other.

Just google earth some of the TR performance shops in the northeast and look at their parking lots! Black cars seen from space!
last spring i went to an all Buick show at the Budweiser plant in Merrimac nh, and out of 200 Buicks, there were 3 grand nationals!

Every part I need for my GN is listed on Craig's list on the east coast. Everything is cheap to. Seats, engines, taillights, rare old school go fast parts. You need they got it.
Why were so many GNs sold on the east coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
please find a good power master for me on craigslist!!!

last spring i went to an all Buick show at the Budweiser plant in Merrimac nh, and out of 200 Buicks, there were 3 grand nationals!
I know NY/NJ still have a TON of TR's, and I'm guessing that's where all the car's from New England ended up, LOL!! But seriously, I wasn't joking when I said I saw maybe 3 GN's all last summer on the road. Either they're all sitting in garages around here, or they've gone somewhere else. The last time I took my GN for a spin, I was getting thumbs up, NICE CAR!, and beeps and waves everywhere I went. It was like I was driving a freakin exotic sports car, LOL.

A better answer might be that most of ours rusted away so many more have been scrapped, thus the proliferation of parts.

Thats to funny, all the parts i been ordering are from tenn.,utah,arizona, calif. But kirbans is close so some from there also.