EAST COAST BUICK REGIONALS & MAGNA CAR SHOW! - CECIL COUNTY, MD September 19th and 20th 2014

phillyturbosix

Staff member
The official event flier is out for the biggest and best regional all Buick event on the east coast for 2014! This year on Friday we are doing a gamblers race! Sponsored by Coastal Staffing. Tentative payouts will be $500 winner, $250 runner up & $125 semi's! This class is open to any make & model car on Friday. There will be a $20 charge to enter the gamblers race. Mark your calendars another awesome Buick event not to miss!

MAGNACecilFlier2014_zpsbdefadbc.jpg

It's approaching, slowly, but surely. Might be the day I'll take my WE4 down 1/4 mile first time!

How anal are the track officials? Do I need to have a helmet with specific expiration date pr just any DOT approved helmet will do?

in NJ you need a helmet at any speed ,faster than 13.99 it has to be snell 2005 (expires in 2017) or newer
most helmets youll find for sale are snell 2010 ( expire 2022)
AFIK in Deleware at 13.99 or faster you need a helmet with a current snell sticker inside , slower than that you dont need one and could run an out of date snell or DOT if thats what you want to do

with a ta 49 you 'should' be fast enough to need a snell helmet (not DOT)

with a TA49 you would also need a SFI 3.2A/1 fire jacket (single layer) but you could just say its stock which would not require a jacket. jackets run about 60 bucks from summit

with TA49 and alky on sticky tires ..if car can launch and boost is up you 'should' need to keep it slower than 11.50 or youll need a roll bar

thats said even though my car and equipment is NHRA legal in all aspects for down to 10.0 as long as ive been going to the East Coast Nats the tech has never really looked it over , just took the tech form and let me run

Coming up soon! Make sure you reserve the dates! One of the biggest Buick events on the east coast!!

This is it boys and girls! The biggest gathering of turbo Buick's on the East coast is a little more then a month away! Race, Show, and or Display ALL turbo Buick's are invited! If you missed events all year this is the one NOT to miss! Mark those calendars!

Some more good news today for our Cecil event, Brad Neff (c66racing@hotmail.com) from Amsoil will be attending and vending at Cecil again this year! Save on shipping by shooting him an e-mail for any items you would like him to bring. Brad also sell those WIX filters we all love to use! So save big by ordering with Brad and picking up at Cecil! Also make sure you stop by his tent the day of and say hello! He's a great guy and loves Buick's!

http://www.amsoil.com/

It's wiring Wednesday! Well it least it rhymes! just in from the fine folks at www.painlessperformance.com ( 3 ) 50% off coupons to give away as door prizes! These guys sell some great harnesses that are first class! All you need to do is enter your Buick in our show and you could win one of these amazing 50% off gift cards! Just another reason not to miss this event! One month to go!!

Confirmed today! The first 50 Buick's entered in the show this year will get a FREE MAGNA car show T-shirt!! And we have them in sizes! Thanks to the fine folks over at Home | Buick Turbo Performance for offering the club this awesome swag!

Jim and Ed do some of the finest first class top quality work on anything with a turbo Buick in it! They did all the work on my 87 GN and my 86 GN. They make these Buick's look good and run good! Between all the door prizes, awesome goodie bag items, and a free t-shirt, it's worth the trip to Cecil! NO other Buick clubs or Buick events anywhere does anything like this. We work our butts off all year long to make this the Buick event of all Buick events. You'll get back what you spent on the entry fee in goodies and door prizes alone! So no excuses guys and girls. Near or far... Drag those Buick's out to the MAGNA car show/display September 20th at Cecil raceway! The Buick event not to miss!

And we have another vendor that's going to attend our huge Buick event next month! Lisa from Turbo Stitches will have her product line at Cecil! We are glad she can make it out this year once again! You can check out the items she sells on her Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/turbostitches Or stop by her web site @ http://www.turbostitches.bigcartel.com/ Lisa also owns a beautiful fast turbo Buick as well. She travels fast with class! Our Cecil event is all about supporting the vendors that support us! This is a great time to say hello and meet the faces behind the products. You may even find a surprise in the goodie bags from her! :) Make sure you stop by her tent and say hi! Glad to have you back again Lisa!

Some more good news today for our Cecil event, Brad Neff (c66racing@hotmail.com) from Amsoil will be attending and vending at Cecil again this year! Save on shipping by shooting him an e-mail for any items you would like him to bring. Brad also sell those WIX filters we all love to use! So save big by ordering with Brad and picking up at Cecil! Also make sure you stop by his tent the day of and say hello! He's a great guy and loves Buick's!

http://www.amsoil.com/

ONE WEEK AWAY!!! Don't forget guys if you need oil or wix filters hit Brad up and pre-order so he can bring it all to Cecil for you! I just placed an order with him for my GN's and my truck. Save on shipping and he has the best prices!!

Hot off the press just in some awesome news!!! Andrew Filippone Jr. (producer and director) of the movie Black Air will be in attendance this Saturday at Cecil! He will be shooting some footage for Black Air 2! He's looking for as many people and turbo cars as he can handle! Black Air 2 will be a little different then the first one.
Andrew is looking for stories, sharing opinions, showing off your turbo Buick's and things to that nature. No need to prepare. Just show up with your turbo Buick and Andrew might pick you to tell the story of your car! Could be a race car, show car, daily driver, project, and or anything turbo Buick related.
Just one more reason to show up at this Saturday's huge all Buick event presented to you by the Mid-Atlantic Grand National Association! Andrew asked us to help him out with the first Black Air so let's help him again making another great movie keeping the cars we love in the spotlight and out front where they belong! Bring those turbo Buick's out this Saturday you could be famous!!

www.magnabuick.com for show flier and all the information!

78 degrees and sunny is the forecast for tomorrow! Bring those Buick's out! I have a feeling the event is going to be PACKED tomorrow!! :)

All I can say is WOW! We invited the Buick masses out to this amazing event and they came! Over 80 cars in the car show! 3 GNX's, several TTA's, a few GSX's, a bunch of GS's, and I think our oldest Buick was a 53 Buick Special that was just beautiful! We had about 50 cars last year, 40 the year before, and about 30 the year before that! So this show is just growing and growing and growing!! We are keeping the Buick spirit alive and you are as well by bringing those Buick's out and helping keep it alive! It really was amazing to see the Buick's that came out yesterday. The show field was packed from end to end! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you to everyone who came out keeping these Buick's alive! It's all about the people and the cars. We work all year round for this event and the pay off was looking at that show field packed with some of the finest Buick's in the country! Daily drivers, weekend cruisers, garage queens, and 100 point show cars they were all there showing off their pride and joy to all the other Buick owners and enthusiasts. It was a site to see. This has turned into the BIGGEST Buick event in the country by far. Andrew Filippone Jr. was there filming for Black Air 2 and we had some great vendors out selling their goods. If you own a Buick, this is the event not to miss! Thanks again for all who came out and all who helped. It took a small army to make this event happen. All I saw was happy Buick owners everywhere I looked and that was my personal payoff! :) As pictures pop up, I'll post and update with links. MAGNA was honored to step up to this event and knock it out of the park by taking over the car show. And I think I can say we pretty much did that! Thanks again to everyone! For more information, show updates for next year, and more club information make sure you stop by www.magnabuick.com

is there any photos of the event ? I was there just awesome. great job to all who put it together thanx keep up the great work

is there any photos of the event ? I was there just awesome. great job to all who put it together thanx keep up the great work

Glad to hear you had a good time! That's what the event is all about and what we aim for putting it together! Are you on Facebook? If so check out us on there for pics.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/magnabuick/ There were a few links on there with pics. One of our members posted some pics up on his Flickr account as well and that can be found here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/122438087@N06/sets/72157647815500216/ We will have more up as they come in and you can always check www.magnabuick.com for updates and some pics will show up there as well soon! Thanks for coming out hope to see you next year! :)