Earl's custom 3.5" maf pipe....

V6-Sauce

I just wanted to give a shout out to earlbrown & share how very well this 3.5" MAF pipe kit fits. I think it's a very well though out pipe, that clears everything including the alternator bracket & bolt & up-pipe with room to spare. Also just installing this pipe, I take full advantage of the LS1 maf sensor. My blm's dropped even more just from going 3" to this 3.5" pipe but have to make mirror adjustments to fuel, tps etc. You can't compare this to the S style pipe that's tight & scratch's from the movement of the engineView attachment 311296
20171021_161721.jpg
20171021_161654.jpg
Behind, the alternator bolt that most sell. Fantastic, Great job;)

Last edited:
So it did make it to Canadia! I hope all the lies I told on the customs form kept you from having to pay duties! :)

I can't tell 100% from your picture but it looks like your filter is pushing up on the A/C lines a little.

If it is, just swing up the coupler on the turbo a few degrees. When you rotate the soled pipe back in place, the MAF/filter portion will be pointed down a little bit more.

If it's not preloading the A/C lines, you're good to go.

Last edited:
Were those pictures taken in Heaven? Only kidding, looks great. All my s pipes I have ever owned always rubbed and sometimes made noises from resting on the alternator bolt.

All my s pipes I have ever owned always rubbed and sometimes made noises from resting on the alternator bolt.

I used to have that problem too. Drove me crazy. :D

Probably a factor back when I used to rattle stock MAFs to death too.

Earls MAF pipe is great.. Also the fit!

Attachments

• 20170306_151820.jpg
    20170306_151820.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 149
I"ll vouch for the superior fit and function as well.

That being said, I sold the car this was on and I'm selling the following.

LT1 MAF
3.5" Pipe
Couplers and clamps
K&N Air Filter

Barely used

Please PM if interested

Attachments

• IMG_8669.JPG
    IMG_8669.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
To the OP. What MAF are you using? The looks totally different from mine.
Earl, will this work with a TA49?