E85 conversion

Howling Mad

Looking for some insight from people that have done the conversion. What size injectors are need, fuel pump ect. Right now it's a stock 98 grand prix 73k miles. I'm gonna put an intake and a down pipe on it when I convert it. Any suggestion on with tuner to go with?

Looking for some insight from people that have done the conversion. What size injectors are need, fuel pump ect. Right now it's a stock 98 grand prix 73k miles. I'm gonna put an intake and a down pipe on it when I convert it. Any suggestion on with tuner to go with?
\

Bone stock car, I would go with 80# injectors.

Eric marshall can square you away with chip. I have set of 80# injectors for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

CGASTON said:
Eric marshall can square you away with chip. I have set of 80# injectors for sale.

Also you need approx 30% more fuel

It doesn't hurt to ask Eric whether he does them or not. He will probably be able to recommend an injector as well as either tune a chip, or recommend someone. If not nothing lost. I think you have to tune ECM's though, and can't just switch the chip. I could be wrong though. Personally I'd go for the 80's to leave expansion room and not have to switch again soon. Many here run 120's. plenty on 160'2, and some running 220's on the same amount of cylinders.

True. Always better to have room to grow. Yea the pcm has to be changed, like mail ordered, or tuned, with like an hp tuner or what ever tuning software the tuner uses. On this though I probably want go over 300 hp. If that.

Search for overkill motorsports , guy named will does the best mail order tunes for grand prix hands down.
Shoot him an email ask about e85 hes out of Canada so if e85 not available up there he might not do tunes for it

Have you checked out the GTP board? They probably know more. I would think with E85 you could run the most boost that supercharger could handle.

Its rough finding a gtp forum where anyone knows anything about e85. Most of them seem to think its the devil lol. The only problem with turning up the boost on an m90 is the fact that they build up a ton of heat.

Im converting my L67 Fbird to E85 this summer. I agree, GTP people seem to dislike corn for some unknown reason. They would rather put junk radiators in their intakes than run a fuel that does way more than an interfooler ever will.

You wont have to worry about the heat thing. Corn has a high enough octane rating and since its an alcohol it has a decent latent heat of vaporization so it will absorb some of the heat in the air if it gets high enough.

Ive never heard of somebody that converted to E85 and had complaints besides the decrease in fuel consumption. The people that bash corn have never tried it.