E85 Content Analyzer?

What if you are running a non-SD chip like a 5.7 or 6.1, and you want to just monitor/log e-85 content. Can you just install the sensor and wire it directly to one of the analog inputs on the powerlogger? Or do you need to buy a gauge/kit to make this work?

I'm not sure of the powerlogger is configured to read the signal from the flex sensor like you want That's a update bob would have to do and sounds like a cool idea. The gauge is super clean and that what we use and run.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What if you are running a non-SD chip like a 5.7 or 6.1, and you want to just monitor/log e-85 content. Can you just install the sensor and wire it directly to one of the analog inputs on the powerlogger? Or do you need to buy a gauge/kit to make this work?
From what I see in your sig. the only thing you would benefit from with the sensor is to get the ethanol content read out on the gauge. then you would just use that info to make adjustments to your tune through the chip. the sd2 will add or subtract fuel, timing and boost duty cycle based on the E-content the sensor gives to the powerlogger. those three adjustments can also be adjusted by the user to help get your tune spot on. what version chip do you have?

I'm not sure of the powerlogger is configured to read the signal from the flex sensor like you want That's a update bob would have to do and sounds like a cool idea. The gauge is super clean and that what we use and run.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Almost certain the Power Logger has no provisions for a flex fuel sensor.
Bob is a genius, he could probably add a provision to one of his Extender Chips, to use the sensor, with the PL.

From what I see in your sig. the only thing you would benefit from with the sensor is to get the ethanol content read out on the gauge. then you would just use that info to make adjustments to your tune through the chip. the sd2 will add or subtract fuel, timing and boost duty cycle based on the E-content the sensor gives to the powerlogger. those three adjustments can also be adjusted by the user to help get your tune spot on. what version chip do you have?
I currently have a 5.7 chip and will probably get a 6.1 this year since I recently added a wideband. I don't know if I am ready for the complexity of the sd chip. I was looking to avoid adding another gauge in the car, and to be cheap so I don't have to buy a gauge lol. What I do now is test the e85 in one of those test tubes. Its usually good but once or twice it was lower than 85% so I turned down the boost. It's really kind of a pain doing it that way and always makes a mess. Being able to read an e85 sensor on the powerlogger would be a nice convenience even though it is not necessary.

The flexfuel sensor is frequency output. The Powerlogger cannot currently read a frequency.

However, the Zeitronix box has a 0-5v output for logging. The Powerlogger can read that. So you just need to connect the 0-5v output from the Zeitronix box to an unused input on the Powerlogger input module, and set up some custom parameters to display it (in the PLC.ini file).