E85 car tuning

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have a 87 gn i just rebuilt motor. Ported ,roller now. Running e 85 upgraded injectors and got a tt chip for set up. Air fuel ratio 11.5 when making boost. Problem i have is when car gets into 2nd gear it feels like it dies out almost like running out of gas. Fuel pressure in boost is around 51. 60 injectors.

Looking on my scanmaster it tells me my o2 reading in 800 milv. Is this correct ?

You should see FP rise 1psi for every # of boost. 51psi of FP wouldn't be enough. Ported heads and roller cam seems like 60# injectors would be on the small side as well. What fuel pump? I'd want it richer than 11.5:1

Yep base pressure is 43 . So yes it does go up. Cant get into to far in the boost car keeps losing power. Got a chip went up from the 128 setting on fuel but didn't mess with timing. Could this be a bad tps switch?

I got it set at 18 but cant get it past 10 then falls on its face. Let off just a little then it jumps back in. Was thinking chip buy maybe tps switch. Eric said to stay around 22 or less. Motor built to handle much more but injectors small. This is my street toy.

Using a aem tru boost controller. Don't think its the controller because it doesn't cut off goes to idle. Then when i lift the gas it jumps back to life.

If you suspect the tps, have you checked the voltage at idle and WOT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plug gap??? feed & return line size??? E-85 takes more to feed and hotter spark to fire off !! Can feel like bog or lack of fuel when not on target..................

Yes i changed fuel lines to larger. Main line stock is my return line ran new main line. Spark plugs are the stock ac delco with stock gap. Thanks for the reply.

You need to drop a heat range or more on the plugs. Check on here to see what others are running with ported irons.

I'd run a wideband so you can monitor a/f accurately.