E85 car tuning

Can someone tell me How do you adjust the wastegate? External and how do you know it is adjusted correctly? I have a aem boost controller and it is asking me what the spring pressure is? Does this have to be correct? I believe I heard they are around 7lb. Is this sound right?

There have been a lot of guys switch to E85 and the car will cut out above 15 to 18 psi of boost. The culprit seems to be that the stock coil pack will not light off E85 because it is just too much fuel. The stock coil pack was not designed to throw a hot enough spark to do the job. Do a search for Nick Micale on here and you will see what he had to do. The fix is Baileys ignition module, LS coil pack and wires.

Once you do that you can set your plug gap to .035 and it still runs fine.

Ok I guess I will have to tell my GN stock coil that its a over achiever firing E85 @ 28 psi ... I don't agree that a good condition stock coil will not work with E85 and that you have to goto LS coils and a TR6 ignition.. that's just bunk

Thanks. Im about to give up on the e85. To much unlnown and I'm a newbie newbie with these csrs. Seems like more trouble.

Don't do that.. your missing out ... there is only too much unknown by people speculating based on things they have heard but not actually experienced.

E85 is the SINGLE MOST COST EFFECTIVE , HIGHEST BANG for THE BUCK mod you can do to a Turbo Buick .. Don't get caught up in MISINFORMATION by people that are just NAY Sayers

Can someone tell me How do you adjust the wastegate? External and how do you know it is adjusted correctly? I have a aem boost controller and it is asking me what the spring pressure is? Does this have to be correct? I believe I heard they are around 7lb. Is this sound right?

stock gate is about 11-12 ... HD is about 17

I like the idea of the e85 but i having problems with this new rebuilt motor and the setup. Im in upstate south Carolina and cant seem to find anyone around here that really knows this car and e85. Went 400 miles then it blew a hg. I heard no engine knock nothing but loss of powe in boost. GETTING frustrated frustrated just added some cosemtic gaskets and car is back together. 60lb injectors with tt chip. Which at the time eric told me was the biggest injector size and would work fine. Something is not right if hg blew. About to loss my mind. Wondering if my boost controller or Westgate is not dialed in right and im having issues because of it.

I like the idea of the e85 but i having problems with this new rebuilt motor and the setup. Im in upstate south Carolina and cant seem to find anyone around here that really knows this car and e85. Went 400 miles then it blew a hg. I heard no engine knock nothing but loss of powe in boost. GETTING frustrated frustrated just added some cosemtic gaskets and car is back together. 60lb injectors with tt chip. Which at the time eric told me was the biggest injector size and would work fine. Something is not right if hg blew. About to loss my mind. Wondering if my boost controller or Westgate is not dialed in right and im having issues because of it.

100's are the biggest injector you can go with without modifying the stock ECU.. 80's will run in the 10's with no issue and drive like stock.

I have no idea what is going on with your tune.. but If you are popping HG with E85 you must be grossly off or you have some issues with the motor itself

Turbo 89 is that spring pressure? This is an hd external wastgate.

what I posted specs to was a stock INT gate and a HD replacement INT gate.. not a EXT gate.. you will have to get that information from the gate manufacturer or color code on the spring.

Pic

Attachments

• 1439341256710.jpg
    1439341256710.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 149
I'd suggest you find someone that can help you w/ this setup, before you drive over the crank..(y)

I would not give up on E85. I do not believe that is the source of your problem and it is well worth not relying on alky or race gas for protection. I have ran my car all the way up to 31 pounds(by accident) and not even had it blink an eye on the stuff. I would fight the good fight and figure out where your other problems are. I have a stock coil pack as well and haven't had a problem yet, but then you would have to assume that any one coil pack is the same. I know Nick Micale can answer a lot of your questions as we run a lot of E-85 cars give him a call sometime to rattle all your questions off of him.

I would recommend (as another gentlemen did) taking the boost controller out of the equation for now.

Ok you think the 60s are to small to continue on? Stock ecm? Trying to keep it simple.. So i just put vacuum striaght to turbo?

Feel like im way lean . some say 7 or 8 .1 should i adjust this chip?

Not using stock control. Is this not a external gate? Was told it would adjust 18 t 30#.

So when this controller asked me to enter spring # is i had it set at 3 thinking it would be less boost. But i should enter 17#