E85 car tuning

Until the genius who said my post on May 2, was dumb comes up with another solution, please try a tighter gap on plugs along with other reasonable responses!!
Sometimes it is more simple than you would imagine??

Thank you. I runs much better then it did. Wait o a power logger so i can see more what is going on. Thanks again for yir help

Well my problem is back. Hes what i got. Car runs good then when you ush it to the floor car tkes off gets into power then cuts back likeyou lifted the trottle car goes from 10 to over 18 which my gauge doesnt read past. Is this a lack of fuel issue? When i lift the throttle i get half way up and car jumps back into power. Cant get the car to boost up

Driving me crazy. Chip I got from turbo tweak , motor and turbo is all brand new. Eric had motor specs and sold me a chip injectors for my application. Is there a better way to get in touch with him then the email? Can anyone tell me what to correct timing should be ? Fuel air mixture?

do you have a scan tool or any data logging to see what's happening? difficult to diagnose with out seeing what the ecm is seeing.

First, turn down your boost to where you can read it on the gauge, say 16lbs and see if it still falls off. In a previous post you said you couldn't get it past 10 but now it is going 18+lbs of boost and the problem is still there. Dial it back to see if it still does it at a safer boost pressure so you don't risk engine damage and report back.

also...take a picture of the sparkplug after a wot pull. there should be a line on the electrode that should be at or close to the U bend on the ground strap.

Driving me crazy. Chip I got from turbo tweak , motor and turbo is all brand new. Eric had motor specs and sold me a chip injectors for my application. Is there a better way to get in touch with him then the email? Can anyone tell me what to correct timing should be ? Fuel air mixture?

Join Eric's forum and Im sure he'll answer your questions quickly there on what he programmed in the chip and a/f.

Mike yes i have a scan tool. Im using a aem boost gauge controller. This is also new to the car. I have it set for 5 pounds on spring and 20 percent duty and max boost 20. Which i think should make 14 psi. My problem starts as soon as i get boost. Say 2 -4 psi BOOST. Cant get the motor to turn it up. Losses power.

Check vacumn lines every thing is good there. I have a switch looking device that has two vacuum lines that are not hooked up with a plug attached on the passenger side . bolted on the stock valve cover originally dont know what that does but its still has the plug in it.

Check vacumn lines every thing is good there. I have a switch looking device that has two vacuum lines that are not hooked up with a plug attached on the passenger side . bolted on the stock valve cover originally dont know what that does but its still has the plug in it.

sounds like the wastegate solenoid.. if you have aftermarket boost control does the same thing

Id remove the boost control and tune it on just gate pressure first to make sure it aint a gate issue. You may not have enough spring pressure to hold the gate shut at higher boost pressures.

So i would take a straight vacuum line and run it into the turbo? Here is a oic of my boost controller.

Attachments

• 1439288338138.jpg
    1439288338138.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 157
Are you using the stock coil pack?

There have been a lot of guys switch to E85 and the car will cut out above 15 to 18 psi of boost. The culprit seems to be that the stock coil pack will not light off E85 because it is just too much fuel. The stock coil pack was not designed to throw a hot enough spark to do the job. Do a search for Nick Micale on here and you will see what he had to do. The fix is Baileys ignition module, LS coil pack and wires.

Once you do that you can set your plug gap to .035 and it still runs fine.

Thanks. Im about to give up on the e85. To much unlnown and I'm a newbie newbie with these csrs. Seems like more trouble.

I am clueless, and so far 23# boost on E85, 120# injectors, stock coil pack, 5.7 chip and no problems BTW I am also shooting alky injection on top of that.